Riotproof

So regarding school stationery...

Kaz83

I have always used Officeworks and the savings are amazing particularly when you compare with Campion. I do the free Click and Collect option.

This year, with items returned from last year I think I spent $60 for a Yr 3 and PP list. We are on a tight budget anyway but there's something quite satisfying about knowing I haven't spent the extortionate amount Campion were wanting!!

• Like 1

CrankyM

Man, I wish we had a Kmart nearby.

This is the bulk one we bought this year. It works out quiet cheap per a pencil. https://www.officewo...pack-fc11112570

(Note we don't have an officeworks nearby either and because of where we live, we don't get free delivery. Office national are pretty good though and I don't think all that more expensive and I can pay my school fees and stationary at the same time).

Edited by MayaTheGrinch
  • Like 2

3babygirls

I bought 100 million cheap pencils and pens. Not for me, but my students. It's amazing how many kids (high school) bring nothing to school.

The 50 pencils I bought might last me a month..

• Like 1

seayork2002

A few years ago I got a 50 pack lot of Woolworth own pencils very cheap, they were really good and we still have some left but I have not been able to find them since.

Target has a 10/12 box of pencils which are not too bad

CrankyM

I bought 100 million cheap pencils and pens. Not for me, but my students. It's amazing how many kids (high school) bring nothing to school.

The 50 pencils I bought might last me a month..

I'm not surprised. My kid doesn't bother to tell me that he's out of pencils (he hates pens). High school is going to be interesting with him... he will likely be that kid that turns up with nothing.

BECZ

Ohhhh annoying!!! I was just there.

Never mind, I got one pack of 5 at Target.

Oh bugger! How frustrating!

3babygirls

I'm not surprised. My kid doesn't bother to tell me that he's out of pencils (he hates pens). High school is going to be interesting with him... he will likely be that kid that turns up with nothing.

He won't be the only one!

It's so frustrating. I had a class last term and only one kid had a pen! I had a huge amount of pens and pencils to lend and they get lost or broken. The school doesn't have a massive budget to replace them so I end up buying them out of my own pocket.

Bearynice

We purchased five pack of Faber Castell pencils for $1( the blue and gold with black erasers)

I stocked up a bit as it’s the thing I find kids always need more of.

Lesley225

They might remember if they had to face the consequences.

• Like 1

CrankyM

Mine wouldn't. He has ADHD. Actually if he has consequences he would just end up refusing to attend school because even when he does everything right he forgets things. We will likely go either every subject being in a folder with it's own pencil case and colour coded and an emergency pencil case in his bag. :shrug: At least at primary school almost all your stuff is stored at school. Transitioning to remembering lots of stuff everyday can be hard for many kids (and adults. I forgot my lunch, my phone and my wallet yesterday).

• Like 1

Expelliarmus

What consequences do you suggest if students don’t have a pencil during a test?

• Like 2

PocketIcikleflakes

I use the school supplier Campion. The prices are pretty good for the quality and is delivered to my house. Previous years I've been able to alter the order until the dispatch date. This year I was planning the same with a dispatch date in the first week of January. Except the order arrived before school even finished and when I called up they denied all knowledge of the. Ds brought heaps home so I have probably a good $40 of spare stationary stored now. I'll be able to use most of it next year and the year after. I'll under order next year and top up from officeworks as needed.

I tried going to get it myself but that was so time consuming. I've ordered through officeworks but they lost my order in the system saying that it was in a que and I only got it two days before school went back s and that only happened because I went into store and spoke to the manager in person as calling up I just got told it was in a queue and no one would let me talk to the manager. Then there were heaps of substitutions.

3babygirls

Yeah easier said than done.

Apageintime

He won't be the only one!

It's so frustrating. I had a class last term and only one kid had a pen! I had a huge amount of pens and pencils to lend and they get lost or broken. The school doesn't have a massive budget to replace them so I end up buying them out of my own pocket.

Do you appreciate when parents gift you office works vouchers for this purpose at Christmas time?

We also have a ton of promotional pens at work, would a teacher appreciate these? I get boxes and boxes of them and no idea what to do with them. But if local teachers could use them I'll drop them off.

Manicmum

I checked some prices with office works but one the whole Campion was equal or similar, big ticket items were found online and then I had officewlrks price match (saved about $80 there). Then I took my kids to Campion and let them pick their own order, it was a good activity for them and got them enthused, plus I saved delivery x3.

PrincessPeach

Only problem i have with officeworks is that they dont have the textbooks/hamdwriting books, so i still have to go through the supplier.

• Like 1