Sign in to follow this  
~ Ohana~

Car seat for front row of iload van

~ Ohana~

I'm heading back to work from Mat leave next week eeek!

My DH used to do drop off and pick up, but got a new work car... a iload van with only seats in the front. So when desperate, we've used an infasecure foldable booster (DD is 4, but quite petite).

I'm just wondering if I could use another, more sturdier seat? I have a hi-liner, a maxi guard pro and a maxi rider - but they are all teathered. The van does not have anchor points but does have a cage that I could anchor the seat too. Is this illegal?

Another important piece of info - she will be traveling two streets away (750 meter drive) and approximately half the journey the speed limit is 40km/hr i.e. School zone. Walking isn't an option.

PrincessPeach

Unless you can install an anchor point into the van I don't think you can use a teathered seat

• Like 2

little lion

I’d say using an untethered seat per manufacturer instructions is safer than trying to use a tethered seat when you have no anchor points. Is she tall enough for the infa foldable? My four-year-old of average-ish height isn’t yet.

Cheesy Sanga

If there is no anchor point and you cannot get one engineered and certified (I'm assuming DH's work won't let you get one) then your only option is an untethered booster. It's not legal or safe to hook the top tether to a cargo barrier.

• Like 1

~ Ohana~

I’d say using an untethered seat per manufacturer instructions is safer than trying to use a tethered seat when you have no anchor points. Is she tall enough for the infa foldable? My four-year-old of average-ish height isn’t yet.

Hmm, I'm not actually sure. I'll check.

123Tree

Late reply to an older post.

We had a ute and had an anchor point especially fitted for a car seat. It was on the floor and the installer put in a guide loop to make it easier.

I had called vicRoads and asked their advice and the had a list of places that would do it.