ineedmorecoffee

First signs of BO - just turned 7 yr old dd

Ozquoll

Get on to No Pong!

All natural and great for the whole family. Leaves no smell on you and at the end of the day your pits smell just like the rest of your body.

I wish I knew about it years ago!

I like the No Pong deodorant but I wouldn’t say it leaves no smell - it has a pleasant lemongrass fragrance.

CrankyM

My older child started turning smelly around 8. From what I read 7 for girls is on the earlier side but not uncommon. It’s normally 8-9 for boys. Unless there are other signs of puberty I honestly wouldn’t worry. Just make sure they wash properly under their arms and give them access to a deordorant. We use mitchem neutral as it has barley any smell but it means he doesn’t smell even when he gets into the car after playing sport. We also make sure they wear cotton because it breathes better. But their school shirts are that stupid supposedly breathable polyester shirts.

We tried no pong here but no luck. We live on the tropics though and 6 months of the year the slightest bit of physical activity causes a sweaty mess.

Edited by mayahlb

liveworkplay

I like the No Pong deodorant but I wouldn’t say it leaves no smell - it has a pleasant lemongrass fragrance.

You can get one that is unscented and as well as the scented one.

Mrs Zee

I got the GP to check DS over because he started having really bad BO at 7. She checked him on a puberty scale and said no need for blood test yet. She will review him in 3 months but suspects it's fine, just early.

I bought a crystal deodorant to try while waiting to see GP because I was concerned about starting one so young. I figured it was all woo and was going to purchase ones a couple of friends recommended but it's actually working. He hasn't had BO since he started using it.

• Like 1

GreenEgg

dd8 has just started to smell under her arms, especially after sport. I got her some QV deodrant from chemist warehouse but have heard good things about no pong.