Sign in to follow this  
Bono25

Weird thing at Lanyon Homestead

Bono25

So, for Canberra people, DP took DS camping down the coast, so DD and I had a day together, she's 2. We went for a drive out the lanyon homestead to walk around the gardens and have a couple of scones. We were walking through the courtyard thing on the middle of all the buildings and she points to the opposite side and says "baby". She said a few times, and then started crying. She was pretty upset. It was really weird.

We didn't have time to look through the homestead itself, otherwise I would've asked, but I've been thinking about it since. Does anyone know if anything did happen with a baby out there or has anyone heard of anyone else seeing stuff. At her age, it wouldn't surprise me, and I'm sure that more than one child would've died out there over the years.

Hollycoddle

Ooh creepy OP! No comment but you reminded me I've been wanting to take my kids out there and also to Calthorpe's Cottage, I got a brochure recently and didn't realise how cheap they actually were to visit. My mother's cousin was a caretaker out at Lanyon Station for decades, he still does a bit of work out there now and then.

Edited by Mollycoddle

Bono25

Haha, that's funny, my aunty used to work out in the cafe years ago!

oceangal

Hi OP - I don't know any history regarding a baby at the homestead. However, the last time we visited we were told that there is a ghost at the homestead who likes to move the cutlery around!

Think it's time for another visit.