Steph19

What would you do? Development delay

cabbage88

That sounds very much like autism. you can't discount autism because of eye contact and it's notoriously missed in girls. Keep fighting until someone actually does an assessment. It's pretty hard to get help when they don't know what they're helping

• Like 1

Steph19

Does she have dyslexia? as a teacher picked it up mid way through grade one on my eldest daughter.

Not really sure yet. It's hard to say as she only starts school in 2019 so hasn't done much reading/writing yet. High chance she will have a learning disability though.

sarahec

Sorry taken me a while yo check this thread but I will contact you for those details thanks!

My daughter has a duplication and triplication on chromosome 15. She doesnt have any of the physical characteristics of many of the disabilities associated with this though so we may also be told nothing much...

My son doesn’t have any dysmorphic features from chromosome 16 deletion but still considered to be effected by the deletion syndrome.

Steph19

So this was posted ages ago but we've just had our genetics appointment and it is looking like chromosome 15 marker syndrome (had a few other names also). We've had more blood taken to check that there is actually a marker but the geneticist has seen other kids present very similarly with similar blood results. She actually said her symptoms were fairly mild as she has seen many kids with very little to no speech so that is very promising for school and her ability to learn skills.

We go back in 6-8 weeks to finalise the results and also go through more information about this syndrome. Trying not to google too much at the moment. Autism is also common for kids with this so definitely another concern. But at least now we'll be able to seek the correct support and have a diagnosis!

• Like 4

LittleMissPink

Thank you. I will get in touch. My biggest questions are around the teen years . Can I send you a PM?

Of course :)