Sign in to follow this  
blondie82

Halloween in Canberra

blondie82

Hey all, I’ve just moved to Canberra and was wondering if/what areas are quite ‘big’ with Halloween? We’ve come from an area in Melbourne where it was quite big with all the local kids and subsequently my kids love it. We love seeing what other kids are dressed as and obviously, trick or treating is fun too.

We are Inner North if that helps

TimeWillcome

Hi Blondie. Welcome to Canberra!

You said you’re inner north - I think you’ll find much of the gungahlin area great for Halloween- lots of new suburbs, houses = families and kids. I’m not into Halloween myself but your best bet may be to join a FB page for the area you live, or gungahlin FB page or look at Canberra mums FB page - that’s a great group and questions always get answered and heaps of helpful info. That should point you in the right direction for areas that really get into Halloween.

I’ve also seen an ad on TV for a big party in the park for Halloween at Googong. That’s a new area too with heaps of families and a lovely Central Park area where they do all sorts of great family activities. Googong is out past Queanbeyan. from the ad it looks like something you’re looking for for Halloween. Feel free to PM me your suburb and I can see what I can find if you like?

jayskette

second Googong's "Boogong". it is a festival on the village lawn as well. rest of canberra is pretty anti halloween.

MGB

We went to “Boogong” the first year they did it. It was great, lots and lots of people though.

Agree with PP, perhaps ask through the Canberra Mums- lots of traffic there!

Tetinks

Gungahlin for sure! Franklin, Harrison, Crace, Ford. We find about 1/5 houses are decorated (or at least have a pumpkin out) and participate in trick or treating.

ipsee

Parts of the inner north are big on Halloween too, but not all.