mama_j

HCG not doubling

mama_j

Hey all,

On the back of my scan on Monday where bub was measuring a week behind and a HB of 79 I had HCG tested Monday afternoon. Results were 22,000 (was at about 4pm).

Just had bloods again this morning at 9 and the results were 24,200 so not doubling but not even 72 hours apart.

Should be 7+3 by my dates and 6+3 by scan dates...

Anyone know if this is reassuring or I should be worried they haven't doubled???

Thanks heaps

Worry wart J xx

Sweet.Pea

The baby is so small at this stage it's hard to measure.

My first scan at 8 weeks showed we were behind, hcg didn't double, the second showed further behind....he is sitting in my lounge room.

• Like 3

Gonzy

Hmm, if you have seen a heart beat and had dating scans then not sure why your Dr (whoever) is still doing bloods, they are certainly no longer an accurate indicator.

HCG stops doubling when it gets in the 10's of thousands anyway so they are just not useful numbers at all now.

• Like 1

mama_j

Thank you guys!!!

She just checked hcg and progesterone to see that it was still going up. Still awaiting progesterone result but it has dropped from 50 at 4 weeks to 30 on Monday. She mainly wanted to see progesterone above 20 and hcg going up...

The heart rate was more what she was worried about as sometimes when they are that slow apparently they will stop altogether not long after?

Good to know it’s not a reliable indicator now though

Thank you! X

LuckyStar2015

Hi mama

I don't know much about this, but the other messages are very reassuring - and importantly I think - the hcg isn't dropping!

mama_j

Hi mama

I don't know much about this, but the other messages are very reassuring - and importantly I think - the hcg isn't dropping!

Thank you <3 Have to have faith that not dropping is a good sign!!!!

• Like 2

mama_j

Update. Progesterone has dropped again from 31 to 25 so I don’t think things are looking too good :(

I have a scan at 2pm today.

LuckyStar2015

Can they give you progesterone support? Sorry mama I can't recall if you're assisted conception or not. So sorry to read this, but it's not necessary bad news yet. Will be thinking of you for your scan xx

• Like 1

mama_j

Not assisted conception, just a long time trying. have had 2 babies with no need for progesterone before :(

Will wait to see what the scan says and then go from there I guess!

Thank you xxx

ThatChick

mama_j - how did you go with your scan?? Thinking of you xx

Edited by ThatChick

BBC

I'm sorry

mama_j

Thank you BBC xx

sweetpea8

Oh Mama J, I’m sorry to hear that. I really hope that you are surrounded by love and support. Sending you lots of strength. xx

ThatChick

I'm so sorry mama_j. I know there are no words to ease what you're feeling. Be kind to yourself. Wishing you all the best and plenty of sticky vibes for the future. Don't give up. XoXoX

Beanette

I'm so sorry, take care of yourself xxx

mill85

I'm so sorry mama_j. Working in mid is pretty cruel at times like these. Thinking of you and feel free to reach out to me if you want to chat- i;ve been there and it is tough xx

mama_j

I'm so sorry mama_j. Working in mid is pretty cruel at times like these. Thinking of you and feel free to reach out to me if you want to chat- i;ve been there and it is tough xx

Thanks Mil85 xx

I think the waiting it out is the hardest bit!!! I have no cramping or bleeding so its just like walking on egg shells :(

LuckyStar2015

I am so sorry to hear this mama, please take care of yourself and if you can take a day off (easier said than done) x

mama_j

I am so sorry to hear this mama, please take care of yourself and if you can take a day off (easier said than done) x

Thanks LuckyStar <3 I had today off so that was nice xx

Just looking forward to answers one way or another xx