Sign in to follow this  
MwahMum

Testing / screening

MwahMum

Hello,

Am booked in for the Percept test.

Are there any other optional tests i should look into?

Meant to ask the GP, but got distracted during the appointment and only walked out with the Percept referral.

Thanks, x

needs to get out

You should consider doing the 'standard' NT 12 week blood test and scan too. Last pregnancy I was 42, the NIPT failed twice, and because I missed tHe quite narrow window for doing an NT scan I had no way to gauge the chances of chromosome abnormalities other than the eyeballs of the very experienced man who did my 20 week scan. If I had my time again I would do both tests.

• Like 1

MwahMum

Thanks for that. Duly noted. NT scan will be booked for a couple of days after the Percept. Thanks

cassyn

Renovators Delight can I ask how the NIPT failed? I am wondering if it is worth the money on top of the nt scan and bloods. I am unsure of my dates as dating scan kept measuring different each time she measured and my dates have me possibly another 2+ weeks along.

needs to get out

I am too fat, the fetal fraction in my blood was not high enough. The fraction required for Harmony was 4% whereas for Percept it is only 2% so it probably would have had more chance of success.