linen_and_lace

Help! Thomas train/wooden track compatibility

linen_and_lace

DD has a couple of Thomas die-cast metal trains (non-motorised) from the 'Adventures' range:

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/fisher-price-thomas--friends-adventures---thomas/1248408

Looking into getting her a track, but I'd much prefer wood over plastic. From what I can see online, the 'Adventures' tracks are plastic.

Does anyone know whether these particular trains are compatible with any of the wooden tracks on the market? Doesn't have to be Thomas brand.

Thanks so much!

Riotproof

I think it’s very unlikely, but you could test. Generally all the wooden brands work with each other, I understand there is a standard.

PrincessPeach

im fairly sure those trains are the same size as the take 'n' play series of Thomas trains - they don't fit our Aldi wooden train tracks.

Although it doesn't deter DS, he just drives the man one wheeled around the tracks.

BabyK32B

I just asked my Thomas obsessed 6.5 year old DS. He has just about everything Thomas .. ugh.

Anyways, he says that those trains in particular don’t fit the wooden rails well (he then went on to name 3 exceptions and dug them out to show me..they must be a different kind of die cast). But the wooden and the track master kind do.

DS has far too many trains, many gifted or second hand over the years since he was 2!

There’s one other kind of track that we got on the Super Station (not sure if you can get it seperate), and it fits every kind of train they make, but it is plastic. Easier to wash too if needed. Trying to find the name.

Then you can pick up any trains you see cheap and they will be compatible including the minis. Our set also came with some conversion pieces too so you can connect it to wooden and track master style if you end up with a variety.

Edited by BabyK32B
  • Like 1

BabyK32B

Also, the Duplo DIY Thomas and friends fit well too!

Sorry, edited to add as I’m thinking as I go along:

I’m pretty sure some of our tracks were flat on one side so it didn’t matter what was on it. Might be an option?

I’m sure once we even laid out a cardboard box flat and drew tracks on it before DS had many :)

Edited by BabyK32B

linen_and_lace

Thanks ladies for your help :)

Jamelex

My Thomas obsessed nearly 5yo also tells me that his adventures Thomas doesn't fit on his wooden track.

BabyK32B, your son sounds just like mine. At least we get our money's worth from Thomas stuff, unlike DS7 whose interests change every time he turns around...

gracie1978

Ikea wooden track is really good

MrsLexiK

You can buy a mega station thing that attaches them all (ie wooden, adventure, track master and mini) it’s a bit exy though. You may be able to get a connector from overseas though I know we have some connectors.

As for wooden tracks we have ikea, Thomas and Chuggington and they all connect to each other (some pieces are a bit weird but it’s the odd piece).

We have every type of Thomas track available so thinking of getting the station thing for a joint Christmas present.