Riotproof

MCN night nappy pull-up?

Riotproof

Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a cloth nappy that can be pulled up like undies, but also boosted sufficiently for night time.

I do have lots of boosters available to me, so capacity is not a huge deal as long as I can boost. The baby beehind multifits that I used with Ds are finally giving up completely, and I would prefer not to use disposable pull-ups for the next couple of years.

Dd is a smaller than average toddler, so I am concerned about fit, especially around legs. She's 13.5 kilos at the moment and wears size 2-3.

TIA.

hotsonfornowhere

I tried Superundies for quite a few months with my DS 5yo and my DS 3yo, but I had too many leaks soaking the bed with my 5yo. I used two extra boosters with them. That said, he also leaks occasionally with disposables so they might be ok for other children :) I felt terrible but ended up giving up and going back to disposables :(

Hopefully someone else has a good suggestion as I still have some way to go with my kids, still have an 11 month old as well to go.

Edited by hotsonfornowhere
  • Like 1

Riotproof

I get you. That's what I'm worried about.

Fwiw, I got to the end with Ds at 5 with BBH. He is skinny though, I think they are quite big at maximum.

He didn't care about putting them on himself, but she definitely does.

Edited by Riotproof

knottygirl

I bought the motherease bedwetter nightpants for my oldest and all three kids have used them and they never leak through. They’ve been washed and dried in the dryer countless times and still perfect.

http://www.mother-ease.com.au/bedwetter-pants/

• Like 1

ritten

We use superundies but they definitely are a large fit around the legs. Very absorbant if you get the correct size.

• Like 1

Riotproof

Yes that's the one I was thinking! I haven't used them I just put my kids straight to undies but I understand they aren't really absorbent so boosters would be a must.

Good luck.

She’s almost 4, definitely not ready to even contemplate toiletting at night yet.

Thanks pp, re superundies - sounds like one to avoid.

hotsonfornowhere

Riotproof

That’s what I mean though. If the elastic on the legs doesn’t allow for smaller kids, it won’t work for us.

I bought some buggies pull-ups I think 15-something kilo and no leaks. She is also loving that she can put them on herself.

PrincessPeach

wombutts do pull up nappies for kids. Not sure how much you need to boost them.

• Like 1

Riotproof

I bought the motherease bedwetter nightpants for my oldest and all three kids have used them and they never leak through. They’ve been washed and dried in the dryer countless times and still perfect.

http://www.mother-ease.com.au/bedwetter-pants/

Did you use them when they were almost dry? Or still weeing a lot? I can't work out if I can boost them from the video.

Riotproof

https://rawrnappies.com.au/shop/cloth-pull-up-nappies/

I haven't used this one but have used their other styles. They do the job.

I wonder about the booster directly on the skin, especially overnight. I've never had much luck with added liners, probably why I ended up liking pockets.

Riotproof

wombutts do pull up nappies for kids. Not sure how much you need to boost them.

I really like look of these. Though the colour run warnings have me worried. I don't want to wash a couple of shells sepaerate from inserts even if it is every few days. I think I might get one and see what happens.

hotsonfornowhere

I actually ended up buying the rawr ones sugested in here for my 6yo and 4yo. My 11 month old uses a different style rawr night nappy and I love them so I thought I would give it a go. They are wearing them for the first time tonight. I have to say, I'm impressed by the fit already!

• Like 1

Riotproof

Oh good, please don't forget to tell me what you think.

I'm put off my the price of the motherease ones, and the leg fit. They remind me a lot of pilchers. And dd would prefer colours, I know she would.

hotsonfornowhere

The price is very hard to deal with, especially for two kids. Although I will be able to use them with DS3 as well, so hopefully they're good!

I will give an update in the morning :)

Riotproof

I don't think the rawr ones are overly expensive. Not when you factor in the cost of disposables. Though I wouldn't need any absorbency, I have more than enough that would do. You could probably get away with two each, but three would be more comfortable for washing. And then you might be able to use them for the baby later.

Motherease are about $40 with no real absorbency at all, just something cotton designed to catch accidents not full on wee, and no adjusting.

IamtheMumma

I wonder about the booster directly on the skin, especially overnight. I've never had much luck with added liners, probably why I ended up liking pockets.

I used microfleece liners. Bought the material at Spotlight and chopped it up to fit the nappy. Never had a problem with it.

• Like 1

Riotproof

They always seem to create friction and caused some really weird nappy rash, well they did for Ds so I never tried again.

hotsonfornowhere

The Rawr pull up ones have pockets for stuffing :)

We had no leaks overnight, though I'm not sure if either of the boys did a wee overnight! One was dry this morning and the other nappy accidentally got mixed in with the normal washing :) But all beds and PJs are dry :)

• Like 1

Riotproof

Oh, the picture looks different.

I think I might try them then. Poor dd was crying last night because she wanted her pink princess nappy she can put on herself.

hotsonfornowhere

Yeah from the picture I just thought you tucked the boosters inside the gusset, but there is a pocket and then the white section is a stay dry coolmax inner...or something like that :lol:

• Like 1

Riotproof

Okay, that is weird. I've been stalking her website so much I've been getting automated emails selling me on how easy cloth nappies are.. "I know, I've been using them for 8 years, which also means I know fit matters!" Rainbow leopard and purple on the way!

I still like the look the wombums ones, so I might try them as well.

Riotproof

Dd is very happy with these rawr nappies. No leaks at all. Easy to pull up with one stud unclicked each side, and then I help her with those. She thinks they are so comfy, they are just like the Huggies ones and has been putting them in the bathroom bin. So, I think I'll give it another week and then order a couple more. At this rate, I have to wash every day because she doesn't like the other ones at all anymore.

My only comment is the pocket opening is very narrow, I have small hands so it's no problem, but I can see how others might find it difficult.

• Like 1