Sign in to follow this  
mocha444

Britax - How Important Is Side Impact Cushion Technology?

mocha444

Hi wise EB members,

Looking at buying a new car seat and tossing up between the Britax Milennia and Platinum Pro. Is it worth getting SICT or is it just a lot of padding and extra space for not much benefit? Does it actually make a difference in a crash?

We also considered Infasecure Quattro but the car seat seemed a bit more difficult to use compared to the Britax. I know he Infasecure is a bit more compact but we do have space for a bigger rear facing seat so ease of use is slightly more of a priority to us that space. Any thoughts on this?

FretfulMum

I was looking at both the Britax 3 yrs ago when my 1st DS was born. We ended up going for the Millenia over the Platinum-it came down to how he fit into the seat and we didn’t feel the Platinum added that much extra support for the price. I haven’t looked at whether there has been any direct comparison in safety since then though. We now have another Millenia for our younger DS and are really happy with them. They do take up a fair bit of space when in RF so just make sure you’re front passenger seat isn’t affected too much. We have a Mazda CX-9 & it’s not a problem but when we had our Mazda CX-5 it was more of an issue

Hands Up

I am very brand loyal to Britax, and always purchased their top level seat.

Same. We had the SnS with AHR (I gather the newer models don’t have AHR anymore). Now we have the Maxi Guard Pro for DS1.

• Like 1

Cheesy Sanga

It could be an actual safety benefit, it could be marketing fluff. There's no decent 3rd party testing to evaluate the seats.

Go for the seat that fits your child, car, budget. Make sure you test the seat in your car. Put the seat in fully reclined rear facing mode. Extend the head rest to the maximum rear facing height. Make sure the person in front has enough leg room. Bub will rear face for up to 4 years, that's a long time to be squashed if you buy a seat that's too large for your car. Also consider any future child seats or other adults that will need to sit in the back next to the child seat.

• Like 2

Cheesy Sanga

We had the SnS with AHR (I gather the newer models don’t have AHR anymore).

The only Britax 0-4yr seat that doesn't have AHR is the compaq. All other seats still have it - Platinum, Millennia, graphene, brava.