Sign in to follow this  
ekin8288

Non stop headaches

ekin8288

I gave birth 2 weeks ago but headaches every single day from morning to night. Midwife checked my blood pressure and got a dr to see me 3 days ago. But it hasnt left and my bleed gets heavy then stops 2 days a gush of blood then stops. Dr said its nth but why are the headaches still here.

Pls help

Mrs Zee

Did you have an epidural?

ekin8288

No epidural.

Mrs Zee

I'd presume it's just hormonal then. I had a couple of migraines after having DD. If it doesn't settle, make sure you get another opinion.

22Fruitmincepies

Dehydration, or muscular because of breastfeeding positions? You can also get postpartum preeclampsia, but I would have thought your blood pressure would be up.

Caribou

my first thought was high BP and possible pre-escampia, but if your BP is normal, it may not be that.

It could be hormonal, or dehydration but surely the GP said what it probably was? they wouldn't have said, you're fine and sent you out the door?

If thats the case, revisit another GP and ask for a clear answer to the headaches.

all-of-us

Blood loss -: gushing is not normal -: and is it bright red and is there a odour?

Go back to a DIFFERENT gp one with obs training preferably and you need to get checked out. You could have retained products of contraception ie placenta still inside you and blood loss you may be needing iron as anemic.

Where did you deliver at? They may also help if you phone the post natal ward.

If not back to a GP -: if you can remember write down when you had the ‘gush’, what it look likes ie colour and amount ie flooded pants/undies, down my legs etc .

What looks light when light etc.

Headaches -: when, where and what your using for ‘relief’

Good luck you need to see a dr tomorrow

ekin8288

I went back to the hospital where o delivered and the dr check me there and said nth wrong. The gushes or blood is bright red with clots. Blood pressure is normal though. They discharged me and I cant go back to the hospital again

I drink alot of water I dont think its dehydration

But after delivery I heard the midwife saying the placenta was tearing when she tried to pull it out

IamzFeralz

I had a persistent headache recently for a few months and it turned out my iron levels were very low. I had an iron infusion by drip in the emergency department and the headache eventually went away.

You mentioned that you have lost blood. I would be asking for your iron level to be checked.

all-of-us

Mmmmmmm -: I am guessing retain products of conception. Next blood clot you have -: rub between some sheets of toilet paper and if it’s straight blood it will dissolve. Placenta won’t dissolve.

go see a gp tomorrow. You need to discuss amount blood, color, clots, the headaches etc. do you have a temp? Take health record as summary sheet may say ‘ragged membranes’.

How are you feeling in yourself? Tired, teary etc.

Please see a dr tomorrow -: I think you need further investigation as if I saw you a maternal and child health centre I would be sending you off to dr

ekin8288

No temp I'm feeling ok

I've been taking it in tablets during and after pregnancy