Catzilla

NRL Grand Final

Catzilla

So, it's the other Grand Final tonight. No clue who might take this one out. Being a born and bred Adelaidean, I have very little idea about the game. My husband's originally from Sydney, although he's a Rabbitohs supporter, so he doesn't really care either way.

Who does everyone else think will take out the Premiership cup tonight? Will it be a close contest like yesterday's AFL Grand Final turned out to be, or will it be a blow-out?

SarahBelle48

Melbourne Storm to win back to back premierships!

~Jolly_F~

I am going for Storm!

seayork2002

As Eels supporters we are Roosters for the day (it was my area growing up so i feel I should)

• Like 1

Riotproof

I have an irrational dislike of the storm. And I know someone who would be ever so chuffed if the roosters won. So them I guess.

• Like 1

MrsLexiK

Go Storm! Back to back. Our oldest found out their was a team called the bunnies so dropped the storm poor kid was so upset last week. Mind you I don’t think I could have done father v son this past week egging each other on.

10YearsLater

Storm. Purely because I’m a QLDer and so many of our boys play for storm or have in the past

AsperHacker

I took on my Dads team Tigers, but his other team was the roosters. So, go Roosters! Storm shouldnt even be in the comp. Up the Rooters!

• Like 2

bakesgirls

Roosters, purely because I live in the Sydney area...

...and I have an irrational dislike of Storm too, just like a PP.

• Like 1

Riotproof

I think it's a Sydney thing, bakes. I also dislike broncos.

cardamom

Come on Roosters!

I'm a St George girl but my brother would be overjoyed if Sydney won. And I can't deny my NSW roots (though I won't mind if Storm win).

ETA - you're not alone PPs, my dad and brothers loathe Storm and Broncos.

Edited by cardamom
  • Like 1

Lucrezia Bauble

im tigers, but i hate the storm, so going for the roosters -go you good thing!

• Like 1

annodam

I’m a Penrith fan & I hate the Storm so GO ROOSTERS!

~Jolly_F~

This thread we can probably play pick the Sydneysiders and the rest of Aus :lol:

Disclaimer so I don’t get shade thrown at me.. not everyone, just in general.

• Like 3

Catzilla

One of these years I need to try and pick a team to follow, and actually try to start understanding the game. For tonight though, I just hope for a decent game, with no injuries for either side.

• Like 1

Lucrezia Bauble

my ds (youngest) is a die had storm supporter - he’s sydney born and bred - and by rights should be a tigers supporter - so no idea why, although, tbf - being a tigers supporter, its a long time between drinks - at least Storm supporters get some joy.

Edited by Lucrezia Borgia

Nobody Cool

I'm a Sydneysider and I hate the Roosters because they are from the Eastern Suburbs and I was born and bred in the Western Suburbs. So there's a class issue here too, just to complicate matters lol.

• Like 3

Riotproof

I'm a Sydneysider and I hate the Roosters because they are from the Eastern Suburbs and I was born and bred in the Western Suburbs. So there's a class issue here too, just to complicate matters lol.

It’s never easy. The person I know is from eastern suburbs but now lives in the west. And has done for a very long time.

Personally, I think you should support your local, which for us is Parra. Tigers at a huge stretch maybe.

Edited by Riotproof
  • Like 2

cardamom

One of these years I need to try and pick a team to follow, and actually try to start understanding the game. For tonight though, I just hope for a decent game, with no injuries for either side.

Aren't you sweet :wub:

Does the TAB take bets for Good Clean Fun, I wonder?

• Like 1

cardamom

It's genuinely interesting seeing what motivates who you barrack for. Family influence, location, class, etc.

I've supported St George for as long as I can remember but I've no idea why I chose them in the first place. A relative was a prominent player and then captain when I was in high school but I supported them well before then.

Competing tastes in our family - one brother is a diehard Newcastle fan, the other is Roosters, Dad is Manly. Mum isn't especially bothered but loosely follows St George too.

It took me literally 5 years after moving to Victoria to choose an AFL team! I don't love it like I do NRL though :)

• Like 1

AsperHacker

SplashingRainbows

I’m barracking for the Roosters tonight, but won’t be too disappointed if the Storm won - it’s looking hella unlikely at this point though!

Lucrezia Bauble

Some of us are old enough to install that patience in our children loyalty doesnt have a time limit. We'll get back there... one day. Storm supporters should die a slow and painful death, figuratively speaking.

true.

well...theyre sin binned for ten - thats a start....

• Like 1

Nobody Cool

It's genuinely interesting seeing what motivates who you barrack for. Family influence, location, class, etc.

I've supported St George for as long as I can remember but I've no idea why I chose them in the first place. A relative was a prominent player and then captain when I was in high school but I supported them well before then.

Competing tastes in our family - one brother is a diehard Newcastle fan, the other is Roosters, Dad is Manly. Mum isn't especially bothered but loosely follows St George too.

It took me literally 5 years after moving to Victoria to choose an AFL team! I don't love it like I do NRL though :)

My dad is a lifelong Bunnies fan and I have an affection for them too so I was devo to see them lose to the Roosters the other week. Another reason for me to barrack against the Roosters tonight but it looks like they might be running away with it.

• Like 1

Bono25

It's a bit like yesterday for me, anyone but storm. Don't know why, just hate them, and don't think Billy slater should be playing. He did the wrong thing, but got rewarded for it.

• Like 1