Sign in to follow this  
ekin8288

Pain after sitting

ekin8288

I had my baby on the 26th September and after I sit it hurts to get up and I feel so much pain like incant stand or walk. It especially on the inner thighs back and front of the vjay. An

d alot of pressure on the bum. Is this normal?

Jenflea

What sort of birth was it? Vaginal or C section?

Does the midwife come to check on you and the baby soon?

Birth (I've only done it once) is painful and it's a major workout for your body but I don't recall such pain after mine, so I'd think it's a good idea to mention it to your home health nurse if she's due tomorrow, or ring the hospital where you birthed at and ask them.

Our was fine for you to ring for the week or 2 after you were discharged.

ekin8288

Hi it was a vaginal natural birth. Shes due here tom. This is my 4th and nvr happened with the other 3 which were all vaginal births too. I cant even walk properly

needs to get out

A physiotherapist explained birth to me as like having a major sprain of all the muscles around the pelvis etc. It took me a good couple of weeks not to feel tender after a vaginal birth.

SplashingRainbows

I’d be getting checked to make sure there’s not an infection causing the pain, especially if you had a vaginal birth.

• Like 1

Green Sage

Sounds like pelvic pain to me. Could this be one of those things that gets worse each baby? I know a friend of mine is suffering worse pelvic pain with her second pregnancy

• Like 1

Mae55

I’d be getting checked to make sure there’s not an infection causing the pain, especially if you had a vaginal birth.

Yes. My episiotomy was infected after my first and the pain was horrible. I cried whenever I had to sit down. Get checked out if you’re concerned. May just be tender and bruised but it may be more.

Mooples

I was very sore after my first but not after my second. I would think by number four your body would be accustomed to the birth process. Definitely get it checked out. Congratulations on your bubba!

ekin8288

Thx guys I'll ask the midwife later

ekin8288

Midwife said it should be pelvic floor related. But it's so painful I stand and feel weak and pause because I cant walk then I can walk.

SplashingRainbows

Please go back to the hospital you had the baby at.

born.a.girl

Given this is your fourth, and you haven't had it before, I'd be wanting more than 'should be pelvic floor'. I agree with Splashing Rainbows, I'd be going back to the hospital you gave birth at.

Either that, or a physio experience in post birth pelvic issues. Physios are also very good at identifying what it's not, if it's related to muscles etc.

CallMeFeral

Sounds like pelvic pain to me. Could this be one of those things that gets worse each baby? I know a friend of mine is suffering worse pelvic pain with her second pregnancy

I was wondering about this too. Does it feel like a bone pain or a squishy bits pain, if that makes any sense? Is it in spots where the pelvic bone lies underneath? Some of your description sounds like pelvic instability/pubic symphysis, which is the ligaments holding your pelvis together having been overstretched. It always most painful for me when I got up from sitting.

But it could be muscular or anything else too, depends where exactly the pain is. I would see a doctor or a birth-experienced physio for further investigation.

ekin8288

It feels like you've exercised alot on the inner thighs. Thighs and the vjay vjay area it gets numb after sitting and when I get up its painful and I cant move for a 1 min to 2 mins then I try to walk the pain off. They said have to wait to see over next 2 days

ekin8288

And the pain is just sitting on bottom of stomach top near pubic bone

cvbn

That doesn't sound right. I have had five vaginal births and the after pains got steadily worse but the actually wear and tear on my body seemed easier.

Try taking panadol regularly, set an alarm on your phone, but chase it up with your GP.

I hope you feel better soon.

ekin8288

Midwife called today and said it's just bruising and it should go away