Sign in to follow this  
skh82

Opinions on Hunters Hill High School

Mrs Zee

Granted, there's a lot of snobbery in the area, but I'm not sure that's the whole story - our neighbours did public all the way K-12, they just wouldn't touch HHH. The 2 girls went out of area (neither went to HHH or Riverside). I don't know how / why HHH became so undesirable.

It was undesirable when my Dad went there and still seen that way when I went there back in the 90s.

I have no idea what it's like these days OP but have very fond memories of my time there so thank you for giving me the opportunity for a trip down memory lane.

Moo point

Thanks Mrs Zee. My high school didn't have a great reputation and I had an awesome time (and education) - it's good to remember that :)

Edited by Moo point

capper

We are in hunters hill catchment. My son goes out of area to a non religious co Ed private school. The kids in our street got to Balmain, Blackwattle, Tara, kings and joeys. No hunters hill kids.

Not sure why people haven’t chosen the local schools, but they don’t go there. Apparently, the reputation is getting better.

Lalala4

Just for anyone searching this old thread, the HHHS office lady said today that Yr 7 2019 is almost 50/50 coed.

I've also heard North Sydney Marist is going coed in 2022 or thereabouts, which may interest some.

• Like 1

Kreme

Just for anyone searching this old thread, the HHHS office lady said today that Yr 7 2019 is almost 50/50 coed.

I've also heard North Sydney Marist is going coed in 2022 or thereabouts, which may interest some.

Just thought I should update this for anyone who might be doing a search. I’m at a friend’s place who has a child in year 7 at HHHS. I asked them about the gender balance so they got out the school photo and we counted - approx 90 boys and 50 girls. Their child’s class is 2/3 boys. Apparently it’s the biggest year 7 they’ve had but the gender imbalance hasn’t really changed.

rgrg

Jumping on an old thread, so not sure if this will be seen? Just keen to see if anyone has any recent updates on their view of Hunters Hill High School. Am aware of some mixed feedback in the past, but keen to know whether the new principal has made an impact.

Our son is due to move to high school in 2021 and we have limited co-ed options available.

All feedback appreciated. 

Kreme

My son has a few mates who have started in year 7 this year and they all seem happy there. Nice kids from nice families. A couple of the parents are teachers at other schools so I feel like if there were genuine concerns about HH they would be aware of them. I would have sent my DS there if he hadn’t got a place at the selective school he wanted.