Sign in to follow this  
Lids84

Recovery shorts? for muscle seperation

Lids84

I have a 3 finger gap in my tummy muscles. Just wondering about experiences on different recovery shorts for muscle seperation. Any reviews on certain brands be great! Im looking at the src ones but theyre expensive. Also are there ones that dont go down the legs so low as i would like to wear shorts over them as its getting hot here. Thanks!

lucky 2

Have you had a talk with a physio? There may be some inexpensive products that could help support your weakened muscles, along with gentle recovery exercises.

• Like 1

Lids84

Lucky 2 i didnt end up seeing physio in hospital as i went home day after. Seeing midwife again sunday so ill see whether she has referred me. Thanks!

Demera

Definitely chase up the physio referral. I was given two physio visits for free in the public system.

In hospital I was given a tube to wear, but it always rolled down so after a while I purchased a belly wrap which I found much more supportive and effective. I never tried the shorts so I can't comment on those.

IamOzgirl

I love my 2xu pregnancy shorts.

And got the recovery shorts too.

FuzzyChocolateToes

I used the SRC pregnancy shorts in my 4th pregnancy. They were brilliant. I regretted not coughing up the cash for them in my 2nd pregnancy when I had pelvic instability. I also wore tubigrip doubled over on my belly. If you are reluctant to spend the $$ look on Gumtree and ebay for 2nd hand. That's where I bought mine. I then sold them when I was finished.

• Like 1

cvbn

6 babies here, swear by the Recovery Shorts. You can pick them up (and sell them on) on Ebay.

Hummingbird82

I had a five finger gap after the birth of my second child in May this year. The hospital physio was horrified and scared me into buying the SRC recovery shorts. My gap is now about two fingers and I'm sure the shorts helped a lot. But I imagine that they would be very hot to wear - I wore them over a cold Melbourne winter!

CallMeFeral

Maybe look at the bands too? A bit easier to put on and off than the shorts if it's the abdomen that's the problem (I ended up getting the shorts as it was pelvis for me)

Kattikat

I second the 2xu recovery shorts - I think my separation is smaller now after baby #2 than it was after baby #1, all thanks to the shorts

Ollie83

I too had a 3 finger gap leaving hospital. I used 2XU, hospital tube grip & Cadenshae leggings alternately when last checked I was a 1 finger gap. I do think they really helped. As others have said look for 2nd hand. I also think they really helped in recovery & support for my cesarean.