Sign in to follow this  
Green Gummy Bear

Exit height help

Green Gummy Bear

When booster seats list an exit shoulder height - does this mean the height from the seat (where the child's bottom sits) to the shoulder height marker? Or something else?

I currently have an Infasecure Booster. I don't know the exact name, but it's a model CS5410 which they don't seem to sell anymore as I can't find the exact specs for it. DD is currently just that little bit too tall for it, but she's nowhere near tall enough to sit without a booster. It's at maximum height and I've measured it as 47cm from where she sits to the shoulder marker.

The boosters currently on the Infasecure website advertise a 52cm exit shoulder height marker. So if this is how it's measured, it'll buy us an extra 5cm.

LittleMissPink

Does that seat have height markers?

I had to buy my DD2 a new booster when she outgrew the first one. The original seat was a lower height marker, but the new seats had had an upgrade and the marker was higher.

Heres the specs for that seat https://help.infasecure.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/115004840647-CS5410-Series-Instructions

Same one we had

LittleMissPink

She can probably stay in it till her shoulders are hitting the underside of the headrest.

ALittleBitter

I just bought my 135cm tall 6 year old a new booster. It's the infasecure visage, the exit markers are 57cm so will fit her for a good while longer. It's got the highest markers on the market

Sorry, just realised I misread your OP. Yes the exit height is from the where the childs bottom sits to the shoulder height marker. The height may have changed with newer models.. once your DD's shoulders have reached the markers she will need a new seat AFAIK.

Edited by ALittleBitter

Cheesy Sanga

Yes the shoulder height marker is from bum (eg sitting on the floor, measure from the floor) to shoulder, where the harness strap would cross if she was still in a harnessed seat.

The boosters with the higher markers are Britax kid guard 54cm, maxi Cosi Rodi 56cm, and infasecure visage 57cm. Best to try her in the seats, and the seats in the car. Extend the head rest to the maximum height to see if it hits the roof/side pillars. Also check how your seat belts will come through the sash guides.

Grrrumbles

Are there any versions of the visage at Big W or KMart yet? Apart from them being cheaper, there aren’t many places left to buy car seats near me now that Toys R Us have closed down. I try and avoid Baby Bunting as I have overheard them give terrible advice on restraints when in the store.

Cheesy Sanga

The 3 boosters with higher markers are unfortunately only at baby stores atm. I know you said you'd like to avoid BB but if you do your research/ask here then you can go in and ignore their "advice". BB does stock the kid guard and the rodi, but not the visage. Infasecure seems to have limited retailers of the visage, so you may have to message Infasecure to find your local stockist.

Grrrumbles

Thanks CS. I’ll have a look on the Infasecure website, it is pretty comprehensive. As well as their advice being crap our BB has dubious service too so they are a last resort.

I like to support my local not-for-profit organisation for most car seat purchases but they are open school hours and are across town. Big W and Target are metres away from my office. There are no local Baby stores here any more.