Sign in to follow this  
Akadia

I can't believe I just did that!

Akadia

I have an excellent senior management role in a smaller organisation that I believe in, have autonomy, flexibility and fancy title. But it's lonely as most of my day is spent by myself.

I have been working with an organisation for the last year or so and in the past they've indicated they'd like me involved. The people I've been working with are amazing people, and their company is awesome.

I was hesitant because I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I'm at that point in my career that I need to make some decisions about the direction I want to take. This will define how my next few years will be.

I just met with them yesterday on something else and it got me thinking all over again how awesome they are and that I wanted to work with them. I bring a unique skillset they don't currently have which is where I think it gets exciting.

I've never done this in my life but I rang them this morning to discuss the possibility of a role there. they are going to have a discussion about it and come back to me on Monday.

I'm nervous, excited and and a bit scared, but I suppose I have nothing to lose. I still have the other role at the end of the day. Well that's what I keep telling myself.

BUT what have I done?? :omg:

• Like 16

CallMeFeral

Exciting! Well done!

• Like 2

CrankyM

Well done!

• Like 2

coastlife

what have you done? .... something brave, something for your future and going after something you want. Bravo you!

• Like 7

opethmum

As long as it pays you the same or greater rate then by all accounts, you're winning already!

• Like 1

Akadia

Thank you so much all - I couldn't really tell anyone - only my DH knows as my other role is very outward facing and has a relationship element and I don't want to put it at risk.

I'm going to be nervous all weekend now.

opethmum not sure what the role will be or what it'll pay at this stage which is also interesting

TigerQueenofSheeba

Just came across this thread and now I need to know... how did you go???? lol

• Like 6