Sign in to follow this  
zeldazonk

TTC After Two Miscarriages

zeldazonk

I have just found out I am almost certainly having my second missed miscarriage in 10 weeks. I had a D&C last time and the GP is recommending another one this time too.

I am 38 and have been TTC baby #3 since September last year. I am starting to think something is wrong and that perhaps I won't get my rainbow baby after all.

I am trying my best not to use Dr Google as I know it just increases my anxiety. I will book an appointment to discuss everything with my OB this week.

But in the meantime I would love to hear either success stories from people who have been through something similar or any tips/advice for what I should do now. Thanks!

c.sanders

I'm so sorry op. I've been told that unfortunately secondary miscarriages are very common. We had 2 much wanted babies we lost after ds1. Second one I miscarried at 14 weeks but I think the baby was 12 weeks. They couldn't give me a reason at all. I finally had a rainbow baby conceived about 3months after. I was recommended a d&c but I did feel everything had come out and I was already pregnant with ds2 when that was being organised. Then ds3 came along as a total surprise. We were not even trying and I was still breastfeeding 1yo ds2. So my point is that I know that it seems so dark now and nothing can ease that. But as the others on EB told me, that it's okay to keep trying and that doesn't take away from your loss.

So sorry op. Take care.

• Like 1

zeldazonk

Thank you so much c.sanders for your kind words and sharing your experience.

I knew that miscarriages were really common, I guess I naively thought that second miscarriages were not. It is very reassuring to hear that others have been through this and ended up with their rainbow baby.

• Like 1

Demera

Multiple miscarriages are pretty common, as sad as it is. I lost two pregnancies, then had a healthy full term baby, then another loss. I'm still trying for another, but it's very possible I'll just have more miscarriages.

It doesn't mean you're broken. It's just statistics. If you keep getting pregnant, some of those pregnancies will fail. As you get older, that likelihood rises.

lou246

Sorry for your loss. I had 2 miscarriages around 10 weeks, both after hearing a heartbeat. I got pregnant a third time and had a very uneventful pregnancy which led to my Ds. I was lucky enough to have testing done and both were due to chromosome issues most likely due to my age. I was 42. Anything is possible! Good luck.

• Like 1

22Fruitmincepies

Multiple miscarriages are pretty common, as sad as it is. I lost two pregnancies, then had a healthy full term baby, then another loss. I'm still trying for another, but it's very possible I'll just have more miscarriages.

It doesn't mean you're broken. It's just statistics. If you keep getting pregnant, some of those pregnancies will fail. As you get older, that likelihood rises.

Your history is the same as mine - 2 mc, baby, mc, then I did have my second baby, he’s now a beautiful 6mo. I hope you get your second soon.

OP - I hope you get your much wanted 3rd baby. My 3rd mc I had a d&c, and had genetic testing done, nothing was found. It was just bad luck it seems.

Coco36

I’m so sorry about your loss. I have been through it also and know how you feel! I had a miscarriage a year ago when I was 6weeks then again 6 months later, I was 15 weeks and they wouldn’t give me a D&C I had to go into hospital and have a tablet every 4 hours to bring labour on and ended up giving birth. I’m not sure the cause of the first one but the second one they done an autopsy and my Bub had an extra chromosome which caused the death. I’ve been trying since and atm I’m 4 days late and still getting negative tests. I’m starting to think it’s more my age as I’m 36, they say it’s harder as you get older.

I really pray that you get your rainbow baby I know it’s hard and discouraging. Keep taking your folics and hopefully it all works out for you.

zeldazonk

Thank you so much ladies.

This has been a pretty difficult time and it can be hard to keep positive. Hearing your stories has definitely given me a bit more hope.

Jenleas82 and Louise_M I hope you both get your rainbow babies soon too x

Edited by zeldazonk

benny81

Sorry that your te going through this zeldazonk

I lost 3 pregnancies before having my dd then my ds it took a few years before I got a sticky one but it is worth it to keep trying

We are now ttc #3 but in last year I have gone onto to have 2 more losses and have been diagnosed with unexplained recurrent miscarriage I’m 37 this year so I’m getting a bit anxious about time running out but it’s a numbers game fingers crossed our next ones are sticky ones and complete our familys

Pal30

Here with you Zelda and Benny its a tough place to be :'(