123Babies4Me

Activities that everyone in the family (across all ages) enjoys?

123Babies4Me

Just wondering if you have much luck finding activities that everyone in your family enjoys?

We have an 8,6,4 and 2 yo and #5 due in a few months and it’s becoking more of a struggle. I just don’t want to divide up the family to do fun stuff too much if I can help it! (Although I recognise that it’s not always possible!)

• Like 1

Caribou

Where are you based and what kind of activities are you after?

What about ones like tree climbing adventures, granted, 2yo and 5 won’t be able to partcipate but your DP and you can take turns watching them so all gets a go.

Theses places like Questcon in Canberra

Flipout (trampoline places)

Bowling

Water parks or community pools

Local fetes

Ice skating

Train museums

The list goes on. :)

123Babies4Me

Caribou

olympic park isn't too bad. there's Cabarita park too, good for picnics. has a good range playground from memory.

What else? What about berry/apple/nut picking usually out in the Hawkesbury?

There's also Nepean River if you can load up on bikes.

Franny and Zooey

Beach? Parks?

I find bowling pretty boring!

wallofdodo

I have had success at bounce and Clip and climb. My oldest is 9 youngest is 5. Last time at c & C there was a tiny 2 year old giving it a go!

Caribou

oh! indoor rock climbing!

Green Sage

Family movie? Expensive option at the cinema, granted, but DH and I loved Peter rabbit almost as much as our 2 and 3 year old. Most kids movies are enjoyable by all age groups. We are looking forward to the next The Incredibles movie.

In summer my local council does free movies in the park, and there is a cheap outdoor movie event at the local golf range. Plus drive in movies can be a cheaper option.

Or make your own movie event with a projector and a sheet hung up outside, get a few blankets and pillows and things and DIY

And while I’m suggesting expensive things, play centres and trampoline places. Play centres definitely have sections to suit most ages, 8YO might be a bit beyond it, but everyone loves a giant slide. It’s cheaper if you scab the free entry vouchers out of everyone you know’s entertainment books etc.

Freebies would be a large adventure park. Something with a flying fox for the big kids but also a toddler area. There are a couple like that around me, especially if I drive out from the city a bit.

Elizabethandfriend

Trampoline parks and mini golf (especially if you play in teams) seem to work for varying ages.

Dianalynch

Or a suggestion from the 1970s - tell them to 'go outside and play' while you sit inside and sip wine. #notall70sparents

We find adventure playgrounds to be good, and large museums or scienceworks for a rainy day.

• Like 2

Caribou

Or a suggestion from the 1970s - tell them to 'go outside and play' while you sit inside and sip wine. #notall70sparents

We find adventure playgrounds to be good, and large museums or scienceworks for a rainy day.

Best advice ever.

Another thought, observatory nights! Western Sydney has one I don’t think it’s too exxy?

• Like 1

**Xena**

We have a lot of different ages (14, 12, 9, 2 and 1). Things we love doing together:

Visiting ruins and old buildings

Parks (all my kids enjoy them and there's one particularly good electronic park 30mins away that they all love)

Bushwalks

Beach

Museum (especially the interactive science section of our local museum)

eponee

We have a lot of different ages (14, 12, 9, 2 and 1). Things we love doing together:

Visiting ruins and old buildings

Parks (all my kids enjoy them and there's one particularly good electronic park 30mins away that they all love)

Bushwalks

Beach

Museum (especially the interactive science section of our local museum)

What is the electronic park that you mentioned?

tassiekiwi

Indoor rock climbing!!

My kids (10,8,5) enjoyed the local driving range.

Bush Walks

Kite making/flying

Kayaking. We have a tandem kayak, plus the older kids have their own. our youngest has been joining in on trips since 2.

Animal parks/petting zoo

**Xena**

What is the electronic park that you mentioned?

It's like a normal park with all these electronic stations. For instance at one the kids hit a button and then all these lights flash all over the playground and they have to quickly press them all before the timer stops, another is a balance board where you have a screen that shows one of those ball mazes and they have to use their body weight to get the ball in the hole. There's quite a few and some are team games, others are single :) It's at Longord (Tas).

• Like 3

Neeps

Trips to the beach or swimming pool. Picnicking where there is running water. Adventure playgrounds. Family bike rides with a picnic (need bikes that can transport kids).

Museums with a child focus usually accommodate a pretty broad range in ages.

Personally I found movies a complete waste of money until the youngest was 4ish, but you may have better luck.

LucyGoose

Museums/art gallery with kids activities.

Beach or creek. Especially when we can go kayaking or paddle boarding. But just sand play too.

Picnics.

Bike riding.

Theme parks. We have an annual pass.

I am not a bit fan of play centres as it costs too much with 3 kids (or more). Mine are 3,6 and 8.

We also don’t do skating or movies as the 3 year old is too little. Bush walks we are just at an awkward age because the 3 yr old is still building stamina, but is too heavy to be carried.

At home, My kids all love painting or play doh/slime.

c4a79

I would suggest places like parks where there is a playground and walking tracks. You can all go together but one of you stays with the littlies in the playground, and the older ones do a bushwalk. Then you can regroup for a picnic lunch.

In Sydney a couple of places I can think of is Berry Island Reserve at Wollstonecraft, Narrabeen Lakes on the Wakehurst Parkway.

Serinitynow

What about an annual membership to a zoo or acquarium? Costs a bit but if you go regularly then the cost per visit is very cheap. Sydney has one membership which covers the acquarium, wildlife world and centre point tower. Or we just brought the Symbio annual membership as we are close and can drop in for an hour on the way to somewhere.

blissfulfairy

I have 7, 5, 3 & another due in July.

We all get out and go on 'adventures' to park or beach, pack a picnic. Even just walking up to the local playground and we take a footy or a Frisbee with us.

This weekend we went to a wildlife park which everyone enjoyed. Movies are a rare thing as miss 3 still doesn't want to sit for that long. We actually don't do alot of activities that cost money as it's pretty tight in our house.