Kattikat

Mini micro V Torker scooter

Kattikat

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at getting my 3 year old a 3 wheeled scooter. Does anyone have a Torker one and if so, is it any good? Can't quite come at the $160 price tag for the mini micro, although it seems like that's what everyone has...

Any advice welcome!

Littlecloud

Just bought one for our daughter for her birthday (2), super excited. They look like awesome, toddler friendly scooters that are good quality.

• Like 1

Ozquoll

Not quite what you asked, but comparing my niece’s Mini-Micro to my son’s Globber scooter, the Globber one is lower to the ground, easier to ride and a bit better quality.

• Like 1

Winter frost

A second vote for the globber. Both mine have them and love them. Both have had one from 2 years but they were a tiny bit big at that age. Perfect for a 3+

Edited by Goldenash
  • Like 1

Lou-bags

Also not what you asked, but have you considered going straight to a 2 Wheeler? The expense might be worth it for a longer life of usage?

Kattikat

Sorry I was unclear wasn't I? I was just asking for everyone's opinion of the Torker as opposed to the Mini Micro. The Globber (omg that name sounds like snot) is another option...

Ozquoll

Nepheline

We have Mini Micro but one of their little friends has a Torker, and I have to say - I never noticed a difference. Kids whizzed around all the same.

For my 2nd child we got the mini micro delux (or something like that) which had an adjustable height handlebar - that was handy for when he was little (we got both kids their scooters for their 2nd birthdays).

• Like 1

Lou-bags

Lol OP you were clear. It’s just that, rather like in conversation IRL, posters will often bring up things that are not necessarily what you asked but relating to their own experience. Our DS1 never had a 3 wheel scooter so I was just throwing the idea out there for you in case you hadn’t considered it is all.

FWIW our neighbors have had mini micro and micro scooters and to me (compared with say our DS’s razor) they are definitely a good quality scooter. Haven’t heard of the other brand or seen one so am no use to you there.

• Like 1

JustMyGirl

The good thing about mini micros is that although expensive they sell well once you little one grows out of it. Just sold our well loved one for $61.

But I have no idea about the other brands you mention.

afterlaughter

The Globber and Mini Micro will just ride better. The quality of the bearings and steering are so much better.

• Like 1

Bird1

I think I’ve got this right the guy who started Globber was one of the ones that started mini micro. And the only difference with quality is where the wheels are made.

Micro hardly go on sale and Globber are still trying to get to be known as a brand so they have great sales.

And to be honest Globber has nicer colours

FuzzyChocolateToes

We have a Micro Maxi, with the adjustable handle, and it's a great scooter. We also have a copy we got at Rebel and it hasn't lasted as well. Can't comment on the Globber, but the Micros sell well 2nd hand on Gumtree.

EmmDasher

We have the Mini Micro deluxe and it's great to be able to change the handlebar height. Haven't heard of Torker.

Mini Micro usually goes on sale a couple of times a year for 20-30% off as part of store wide sales. Kidstuff in September is the one I've stalked. They stock mini micro and Globber. I just googled and David Jones currently has 20% off.

froglett

Can't help you on the Torker OP, but both my kids have the mini micro - the ones with the adjustable handlebars (I think they're called the deluxe??)

We got one for DS for Christmas when he was 3 and then DD got hers for her 2nd birthday. Both love them and I can see them lasting for quite a few years before they outgrow them.

Kattikat

Thanks everyone, we went with the Globber in the end. DS 3 lost his sh*t when he saw it has light up wheels. It is pretty darn cool actually!

• Like 2