Davistiano

Baby monster Easy Twin

Davistiano

Hello all mums and dads :)

I and my wife are expecting twins in August - this is our first child(ren) so we are complete newbie to it lol.

Somehow for some reason, as a dad, I am assigned with the task to research on pram lol. While we have heard a lot about the Bugaboo Donkey Twin, we simply cannot justify the price. (I guess it is like Ferrari in the pram world?! or I could be wrong)

Recently, we came across the Baby monster Easy Twin via youtube suggested video, it looks to be not too bad with so many configurations and at a good price. Especially it can fit 2 carrycots which my wife would love - hence she also liked the Donkey Twin but despite the price, she said that felt a bit like a monster (size) pram.

Unfortunately only BabyTrain in VIC has the EasyTwin physically in stock and we live in SA, so a bit reluctant to purchase a pram online without trying, and there isn't many useful review on the internet.

So, wondering if anyone has used this pram / or baby monster product that can kindly provide some feedback please?

Much appreciated!

FretfulMum

I’m not sure about the baby monster easy twin sorry but two of my friends who have twins have the Valco baby neo twin.

I have the Uppababy bust which is a double pram (I have a 11mth old & a 3yo). Very happy with it.

Ollie83

Still on the expensive side but we've just got a Baby Jogger, City Selct Lux they can carry two and aren't side by side.

Sorry but I've got no experience with the pram you're looking at.

LightPink

Look at the Valco Snap Ultra Duo Tailormade (make sure it’s the Ultra not just the Duo). Each seat can be positioned forward or parent facing, even one each way, seats suitable from newborn but the Duo Q bassinet fits it so you still can have the carrycot/bassinet option for newborn, lightweight, easy to steer, large basket. It’s a side-by-side but it fits through standard doorways so it’s not like pushing a massive tank. Love it! I have a toddler & newborn in mine. Pram was ~$800, bassinet ~$200.

Edited by LightPink

Lou-bags

I don’t have twins but bought the Baby Jogger city select double for my two boys (just turned 3yo and newborn when I got it) and I love it. Bonus that I got it in great condition from Gumtree for less than a third of new price.

My advice would be don’t rule out purchasing secondhand as you can get prams (and a great many other baby items) in fabulous condition for a steal.

Davistiano

Thanks everyone for your advice!! Much appreciated!

I guess I will continue to research and go shopping with the boss (the wife) LOL :) Sometimes it is just hard when the weekend finally comes, but then she is still not feeling too well to be out at the shop.

Green Sage

I haven't seen the baby monster prams either. But i second having a look at the Valco Snap Duo as a similar pram at a similar price.

I love our Snap Duo. We had the standard snap duo for my newborn and 14 month old. I found it was easy to lift (one of my priorities was a light weight). Its easy to push and turn with one hand. Easy to push on gravel or grass. Easy to fold, fitted in my boot fine (SUV). Customisable hoods too. The seat lies flat so you dont have to waste money on bassinet attachments and with the model with an adjustable footrest, that folds all teh way up to keep baby in. Both my boys loved it. My pram lasted 18 months, then I needed new front wheels as one became permanently squeaky, although it still functioned fine, and with the new wheels its still great and will last another 2-3 years i think. It fits my 3.5 year old still.

Standard Snap Duo model doesn't parent face, but their next model up does and isnt that much more expensive, although you get added weight once seats become detachable.

My SIL has a Valco Rebel and loves that too.

Valco also sell a third seat that suits some of their double prams, turning it into a triple. Could be handy should you have a third baby in a short time.

Davistiano

I guess that means the "Ultra" is the one with "reversible" seat?

I have tried to search for Snap Duo Ultra Tailormade but not able to find any store that sells it (only found the one without "Tailormade", looks like only difference is the fabric?) - is buying a pram online a good idea?

We live in SA, so there is only a very limited options when it comes to baby stores... :(

Green Sage

I bought my single pram online, but I had a quick wheel of it in a shop first. You really need at least a quick walk with it to check handle height steering.

Your other option is second hand. You can save a lot on prams buying second hand. Some are like new, others are pretty beaten up. But you can at least try it before you buy, if the seller lets you. Check out gumtree and your local baby buy-swap-sell sites on Facebook. I bought and sold a steel craft double pram on Facebook. Overall I was about $50 out of pocket after reselling it, which was lucky, cause I didn’t like that pram at all! So glad I didn’t buy it new.

Also, there are Facebook groups for almost any major brand of pram. There is a Velco one “valco buy/chat/sell Australia” Put a post up asking if anyone local has one you could drop by to try and someone may let you give it a quick spin.

• Like 1

Lallalla

I’ve never come across that one. I have a Babyjogger city select for my twins and it has been great. I prefer the tandem style to side by side. I also stayed away from bugaboo because I could never figure out how to put up my sisters chameleon (though that may say more about me...) whereas babyjoggers are a bit more intuitive (to me). If I was going to get a side by side I’d get a double city mini gt - I had the single version and loved it and still miss it.

Whatever you do get shop around and consider 2nd hand - don’t pay full price!! You get great sales when they upgrade models (like with cars), and the main difference is usually the colour range. We ended up getting our Select plus second seat new off eBay shipped from USA and still considerably cheaper, and the bassinets for it were secondhand off gumtree (or eBay??) - bassinet attachments are not used for long so 2nd hand they’ll still often be almost new

LightPink

https://www.valcobaby.com.au/product/snap_ultra_duo_tailormade

That’s the Snap Ultra Duo Tailormade on the Valco website. Yeah compared to the Duo the main difference is the seats (so the folding too, important for car fitting). I got mine from Baby Kingdom, I’m not sure what stores are in SA sorry.

• Like 1

Davistiano

Thank you everyone for so much information! Very useful! :)

• Like 1

Lornasa

My friend bought Valco Baby double stroller that can transform into triple stroller because she had twins already and expected another one child. This article was helpful for her.

TheirMum2

We had the Mountain Buggy duo (now the duet I believe) for our twins. It was amazing. Slim enough to comfortably fit through a door (and the duet is even slimmer) and really easy to push/fold, great quality that lasted well etc. The only thing I didn't like was that it didn't have solid tyres. It is a pain when any pram gets a flat tyre, but when a twin pram gets one it is incredibly annoying! One of our little ones needed a pram for an extended period of time and we went to the Phil and Ted's vibe (which could be a single or double pram), but I didn't like that style as much as the Mountain Buggy.

We also did not buy the carry baskets, as they were an added cost and the pram could be used from birth without the bassinets.

Good luck with your twins and your search for the perfect pram.

Twins are amazing!!! Congratulations!

Also - look for a pram with great storage - this is really necessary with two bubs.

Edited by TheirMum2

Mooples

I have a bugaboo donkey and love it. I didn’t have twins so didn’t have 2 bassinets at the same time which would take up a lot of boot space so I do understand they are a big pram. I loved having my boys side by side and reversible seats. There are dedicated bugaboo buy swap sell sites on Facebook and you can get them for less than half the price only a couple of years old.