Sign in to follow this  
Chazonator

Tips on keeping nappy on at night

Chazonator

Hi, my 2 year old keeps taking her nappy off at the start of the night when she goes to bed I think I've exhausted my tricks from my previous children so far it's reversing the nappy so the tabs are at the back with a singlet that does up at the crotch, I've also tried backwards with a pull up over the top plus the singlet and shorts, cutting out the nap which I thought would make her so tired she wouldn't be bothered trying but that was also a fail!

I haven't started any toilet training yet as she isn't showing me the full signs like her siblings so I'm not ready to do night time at all.

Any other ideas?

I haven't used mcn before but I'm thinking she'd probably get out of those too.

Flaxen

A friend had to use duct tape.

Not kidding.

It was the only thing that worked.

• Like 4

Soontobegran

Sleep suit on back to front.

Worked here :)

• Like 1

AdelTwins

Sleeping bag until 3yo?

dearydo

I'm with Flaxen, my SIL used to tape my nephew in every night

SMforshort

we used the plastic type electrical tape

you do need scissors to get them off though

Pooks_

I used electrical tape over the tabs so he shredded his nappy instead...

Zippy suit backwards FTW.

BornToLove

I have friends who used heavy duty tape to keep their kid covered over night.

Not my kid, she was like Houdini. She would stay up all night if she had to, to just be free of her nappy. The only thing that worked was letting her be naked for about 30 minutes between bath time and bed time. It was enough to let her get being naked out of her system so she could stayed covered over night.

Chazonator

Wearing the sleep suit backwards works in winter but since we're still getting warm nights I use shorts and t-shirt PJ's and she's grown out of all the sleeping bags I have. Even the ones she was using she'd figure out a way to undo them! I'll try the duct tape idea as I'm pretty sure I did that for one of my boys but I've hesitated with her because I'm worried she'll get herself all tangled up in it along with the nappy. She thinks it's such a great game to play always full of smiles and I'm like just go to sleep child I have 3 other kids to deal with and you wanna play this?! She doesn't attempt it at nap time it's always at night time.

VVV

A light sleeping bag could work.

I would think any type of sticky/electrical tape would be a choke hazard.

Edited by VVV
  • Like 1

AdelTwins

Bonds zippys come in short sleeve/romper versions.

Gro bags go up quite large in size. The summer weight ones are reasonably cheap.

• Like 1

Silver Girl

Another who put the Gro Bag on backwards. Worked a treat.

ali-song

Yes, a really lightweight gro bag backwards would be my suggestion. If you’re still worried she’ll get out, safety pin the top of the zipper.

mandelbrot

We would let him go to bed without a nappy and then put one on once he was asleep. We had limited success with masking tape - we would wrap it around multiple times, but sometimes he'd just manage to rip the nappy apart instead. He could get out of a zip suit on backwards, and the sleeping bag was no drama either.

Soontobegran

Wearing the sleep suit backwards works in winter but since we're still getting warm nights I use shorts and t-shirt PJ's and

You can get short leg and short sleeve one piece zippies.

~Bob~

I used to duct tape my twins' nappies on. I had to after they played a game of 'paint the cots and each other' with the contents of the nappy. It wasn't pretty.

newmumandexcited

My son has started doing this. I put on a bonds wondersuit back to front. Works perfectly.

Chazonator

Thanks for your suggestions I'll def try the duct tape I'll need to purchase some tomorrow.

Since it's a little cooler tonight I've done the zippy back to front one that has the neck part a bit looser as she also has a cold so I need enough room for her to breathe in the Vicks. So far so good..

PrincessPeach

you could always try an mcn cover over a disposable - I'd suggest a snap closing one, even if she gets it off, it might give y time to hear what she is doing to help prevent a mess.