MrsG2

Could this be a pregnancy related body change?

MrsG2

This is going to sound weird.....Before falling pregnant I was a very small 48-49kg. I gained a heap of weight during my pregnancy for a number of reasons and at my heaviest I was about 69kg. Now, 10months postpartum I am 50kg. The past few weeks I’ve been having massive issues with an extremely painful tailbone, almost like it’s broken but I didn’t injure myself...my tailbone is also protruding out a fair bit (sounds so weird)). Is possible that this is a post pregnancy body change? How strange.. I do carry around my 10kg DS a lot (Velcro bub ).. maybe that has caused this ? Has anyone had similar ?

Edited by MrsG2

Ozquoll

Jenflea

I know someone who broke her tailbone during the birth of one of her babies. Has it been sore since the birth?

I'd get it checked out seeing as it's painful.

MrsG2

I don’t think so, I only started feeling major pain recently.. but I’m usually running around and so busy I wouldn’t notice minor issues. All the weight gain While pregnant caused me to have major pelvic girdle pain as my body really couldn’t handle all the extra weight on my frame.. I’m wondering if losing all the weight now has exposed a tailbone that had to stick out to carry that extra weight ? Gosh I must sound ridiculous here.. I’ll get it checked out but I’m embarrassed

rosie28

I’ve had a problematic tailbone since having my eldest. It hurts if I try to do sit-ups or similar movements, and sometimes when I’m sitting. My Physio says it’s quite common.

Lou-bags

My pregnancy with DS2 stuffed my tailbone- but the pain began in pregnancy (and persists, 17 mo later- especially if I’ve been sitting a while.

I think the visit to a physio is a good idea.