Chazonator

Anaheim as a large family accommodation

Chazonator

Hi, not sure whether I'd get more traffic here or in travel section but I was hoping for those who have gone to America specifically the Anaheim area for Disneyland where did you stay? Were you able to find somewhere that could fit everyone comfortably? We only have 4 kids but it'll still be hard to find the right place with enough beds. Not sure when we're going but it'll either be this year or next year and we want to have a few options for accommodation.

Thanks

Speckle Park

Parkvue Inn has rooms with 2 queens and a bunk - sleeps 6. There are also interconnecting rooms to sleep 6 in 3 queens.

I stayed here with my kids and we thought it was ideal. Previously we had stayed at the Grand Californian and thought Parkvue was just as good for distance from the parks and the price was unbeatable. It was very clean, quiet, the pool was a pool (not picturesque but cool and wet) and there was an onsite coin laundry. I was nervous about it being motel-style but was actually fine.

Chazonator

Did you stay there for the whole trip or go somewhere else? I was hoping we could see universal studios and maybe San Diego zoo which are in different directions! Air New Zealand seem to have reasonable fares at the moment so I guess it's just a matter of figuring out what to see and do and costs involved.

Speckle Park

We only stayed there for our time at Disneyland. You can do day trips either way from Anaheim so might be happy staying longer.

BornToLove

Gray line does coach tours to the theme parks in San Diego and Hollywood. They will pick you up from your hotel in Anaheim, take you to the attractions you want to see and take you back at the end of the day. We did the San Diego zoo, but sea world, LEGO land and universal studios were also available. It’s a long day, but for sure far easier if you just want to do 1 or 2 other theme parks in adidition to Disneyland.

I have no advice on large family accomodation. Most places in the area have interconnecting rooms and proper suites that can easily sleep a family of six. I personally would look at places across from or just down the street. It’s nice to be able to have a break around dinner time but still close enough to go back for fireworks or a few more rides

danni_pink

We just got back from Anaheim. Went with my parents so 4 adults and 2 kids. We stayed at Desert Inn and Suites. Across the road from Disneyland entrance on harbor. We got a suite (interconnecting rooms) where each room had 2 queen beds and a full shower/bath and toilet in each. (Some suites only have an extra toilet). They also have a free breakfast (fruit, toast, cereal, juice/coffee etc).

JK4

We went last year and our splurge was Grand Californian and we had 2 interconnecting rooms for 3 adults & 4 kids (queen plus 1 bunk in each room). If you stay in Hollywood and then do the zoo & universal studio I highly recommend the Magic Castle, great location and good value for LA. We had one room for 6 with 2 bedrooms both with queen beds & then fold out double sofa bed in the lounge. Breakfast and snacks were a great inclusion & easy to train to universal with hotel providing train cards so you just added fare then returned card at end of day.

Elizabethandfriend

We stayed at courtyard Anaheim theme park entrance. Great hotel and it had two queens and a set of bunks in each room. It also had two showers.

Veritas Vinum Arte

Depending on ages of kids and if they are happy to share beds, but we stayed at the Edenroc Inn family room as 2A3C. Easy walk up through Downtown Disney to Disney.

http://www.edenrocanaheim.com/accommodations.html

Functional, newly renovated and very cheap $175USD per night when we went in September. We basically only slept there as we spent our days out all day.

Edited by Veritas Vinum Arte

jessa86

We did Disneyland with our 4 children in June. We stayed in an Airbnb close by. It was much cheaper than having to book two hotel rooms. It was nice having a kitchen and living space too.

Kreme

We stayed in the Homewood Suites Convention Centre. All rooms are suites with a separate living room, bedroom and kitchen. We had a king bed, a set of bunks with a trundle underneath and there may have been a sofa bed in the living room as well.

We had originally planned to stay for 3 nights and then move to the Magic Castle in LA. But the MC was double the price of staying in Anaheim plus we would have lost a big portion of a day moving hotels. So we ended up staying in Anaheim for 6 days. As well as going to Disney we also saw an NFL game and took a coach tour to Universal Studios for a day.

You can also take a day tour to San Diego however if you have time I would recommend staying there for a few days. We caught the train to San Diego directly from Anaheim and absolutely loved our time there.

Poughkeepsie