lelula

Natural deodorant

lelula

I'm on a quest to further reduce nasty chemicals in our home - one thing I'd dearly like to find an alternative for is our deodorants. I've currently got 3 half used natural deodorants in my cupboard that just didn't work at all, and in general I don't suffer from severe B.O. but these were useless. Please please tell me somebody out there has found something effective! (I've already tried moogoo and a couple of supermarket ones).

hotsonfornowhere

I was on a quest to find a vegan deoderant (chemicals don't bother me). All vegan deoderants seem to be marketed as natural deoderants and I haven't found one yet that works. Like you I've never suffered from B.O. of any kind, but I stink as soon as I wear one the 'natural' ones!

I've gone back to embracing non-vegan, but aluminum, containing ones :)

José

I know people who have tried and liked 'no pong' it didnt really work for me.

Im using black chicken and am very happy with it.

cheshire_cat

I'm currently using Lavera Naturkosmetik deodorant, the Wild Rose scent is lovely and it seems pretty effective so far.

born.a.girl

For summer I've gone back to the nasty party ones.

In winter I use crystal rock, only perfected the technique after trying and failing, using them several times.

Only worked well if I ran water over it before use, then after use too - because sometimes even ten minutes after a shower there was enough hint of bo for it to end up on the stick.

They also have no forgiveness regarding the clock. Can't for example, have a shower late afternoon, then go to gym in the morning without another shower.

Doesn't work very well as an anti antiperspirant either, but a good deodorant. Wouldn't dream of using it wearing (eg) a silk shirt.

Was nice to know I was giving my body a break from the chemicals, though.

• Like 1

Coffeegirl

I’ve been ordering this from the US. Free shipping. https://www.nativecos.com/product/deodorant-women/

They say it takes up to 2 weeks for all traces of your old deodarant to leave and this one to kick in, and I’d say that was about right. I started using it in the winter.

Only thing I don’t like is that it stains any singlets that I wear that are tighter under the arms

1975ladybug

I'm thinking about trying this, haven't hot as far as ordering yet,

My mission is to reduce plastics this coming year, so a metal reusable tin and last years ambition was Australian owned and produced products, it fits the bill.

*Andi*

Another vote for Black Chicken deodorant paste, the normal one with bicarb (I had a little bit of BO with the carb-free one). My pits still smell lovely by the end of the day! I have been using it all year and it has been great summer and winter. The thought of the smell of the chemical ones grosses me out now.

lelula

Thank you! Black Chicken and No Pong were on my list to try, I'm just not keen on wasting more money. I think I also have to acknowledge the transition period too, boo ☹ I appreciate the input and hearing others' experiences

*Andi*

Thank you! Black Chicken and No Pong were on my list to try, I'm just not keen on wasting more money. I think I also have to acknowledge the transition period too, boo ☹ I appreciate the input and hearing others' experiences

I didn't really notice a transition period, the black chicken was fine from the start for me. You can get very small pots of it if you want to try it that way. The cost is the worst thing about it, I do buy about 4 pots at a time from Nourished Life as it's a little bit cheaper, but I am going to attempt to make my own soon (recipe from The Inspired Little Pot).

anatomicalheart

I love the Lush one.

It's hands down the best deodorant I've ever used, too.

taki

Haven't tried it myself but my friend started using a Norwex crystal deodorant, this was after using Rexona Clinical Portection as this was the only one that worked. She said it works really well and would never go back to normal deodorants.

Brumby Jack

I use No Pong and find it works really well. I don’t have any BO smell by the end of the day and I found it worked from the first day I tried it. I even gave it to DH and DD to try and they are really happy with it too.