Sign in to follow this  
Always amazed!

LVD and other big people movers?

Always amazed!

We need to upgrade our car to a 9 seater+

DOes anyone own a LVD they look lovely but no boot space....

any other recomendations

EXU

I'm not familiar with an LVD, but I do need a car for a family of 9. We recently had to buy a new car as someone ran into ours and wrote it off. Despite looking at other options, we again when with a Hiace as they are pretty reliable, comfortable for even a car full of adults (we have 4 teenagers) have plenty of boot space and there are a couple of spare spots for friends. And of course a few weeks later we found out #8 is (all going well) joining us, so we were luck we didn't go with a 9 seater.

The downfall is the size, parking in undercover car parks is often not going to happen, parking in general can be annoying and of course the higher petrol and some insurance companies wont insure Hiaces.

~Bob~

I just got a Kia carnivale. It's a really lovely car with a great boot. It's only an 8 seater, but you can get it in an 11 seater option.

Clementinerose

I second the hiace, diesel has more go, heaps of boot space. Sucks about car parks though. Can still go through most drive throughs so that is a positive

OllieJ83

I have an ldv 9 seater. Beautiful car, spacious inside but yes no boot space at all! We have an imax as a second car which is only an 8 seater but even with the huge boot we would sometimes run out of space. We are planning to get a tow bar fitted in the ldv and take a trailer for family road trips. Not perfect but we preferred the everyday comfort over a hiace which has extra room but not the comfort. With groceries I just put them in the back seat.

They are great value for what you get in them but not the most economical car fuel wise.

Always amazed!

thanx all

hubbys main reason for not liking the hiace is the high roof..

we both like the LVD but I dont think it will grow to well with our family. ours are all under 11 so i can see us outgrowing itespecially with no extra space for other things..

ahhh the joys of large families!