Sign in to follow this  
elawood

period cycles after loss

elawood

Hi all,

Not sure where to post this since technically I am not yet TTC but thought you ladies might have some insight.

In short back in December last year, I had a D&C at 13 weeks (anacephaly) and my period returned 4-5 weeks later like textbook. I then got pregnant the very next cycle, so I just assumed I'd gotten back to regular 28/29 day cycles (I was on the pill right before I fell pregnant the first time but I remember being regular before that so it was a guess.)

Sadly that pregnancy ended at 19 weeks (different neural tube defect) and by inducing labour. No D&C this time.

My period returned again like clockwork 5 weeks later. it was really really heavy for the first few days and went for just over a week -but the hospital had warned me this might happen.

So now I'm on CD33 and still no sign of the second AF. We have been using condoms because we are not emotionally ready to be pregnant again (and haven't yet had the meeting where we find out the details of the autopsy so wanted to wait till they spoke to us)

I took a pregnancy test on Sunday (day 31) and it was negative. Proper stark white negative, no faint line or anything.

So I'm wondering if it's just that my body is still regulating itself ? Or is because I'm under some stress at the moment ? Very strange, I don't usually have late periods unless I'm pregnant!

Any advice?

BeckyFreeze

elawood I'm so sorry to hear about your losses.

I think this is probably just your body getting back to normal since you have had physical and emotional stress over the last little while. It's easy to say, but try not to worry too much if it takes a few cycles to get back to 'normal'

Take care