AnnWalters

I wish I was holding my children instead of missing them

AnnWalters

Don’t get me wrong I know parenthood isn’t just about cuddles, and kisses, and giggles. It’s snotty noses, vomiting, endless days and nights of no sleep, crying for hours on end. But I see so many people who go out drinking and leave their kids with whoever more often than not. I see people yelling at their children and swearing at them. And just blatantly abusing them. I would do anything to have what they have, and it feels like so many people do not know how lucky they are. Don’t get me wrong I know we all need a break, but your child is a beautiful thing. Not something you should need to be away from more often than not.

I wish I was holding my children instead of missing them. And the fact you get to hold yours and treat them so bad rips me apart.

marple

Goodness. Hope you are OK.

gemgirl

wishing you all the best

Edited by gemgirl

mocha444

Totally get it AnnWalters. My baby girl died 3 months ago. I went into preterm labour at 23 weeks. She was born alive but too early and passed away after 2 hours. Can't read EB the same way. I now realize how frivolous many of the posts are. TBH those that haven't lost a baby just won't get it. Most people live in this naïve ignorance that it can't or won't happen to them, even if they know someone well that it has happened to. It doesn't mean they love their kids less but they don't realize how lucky they are. It totally sucks that you don't have your beautiful baby to hold. Sending hugs. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

Edited by mocha444

Silver Girl

I'm so sorry to hear of your losses, and also of your loss, mocha444. Life is so very unfair at times. Thinking of you.

• Like 1

Jackrabbit

I've had losses and I yell at my kids at times. Unfortunately, knowing how lucky I am to have them does not make them behave better or other situations less stressful. In fact sometimes I yell at my kids or need a break from them because I have so much going on in my own head, with my own grief and other things, that the added noise of my rowdy kids becomes too much.

I'm sorry for your loss, and I agree that it sucks to see parents who seem to not give two sh*ts constantly managing to pop kids out when there are so many of us who would give anything to have our baby.

It's really difficult parenting after a loss. There are so many emotions swirling around and guilt at not being more appreciative of them is certainly up the top of the list.

• Like 3

Katy850

Your stories are heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for your losses.

Hope you know you are not alone and you can always find support here.

There are many of us (young and not so young) who are going through the same pain and grief.

Whatever is the reason, we are all in pain in one way or another.

Unfortunately people who didn't experience this struggle (even if they are your relatives or friends) can't understand you.

I agree with you it's so unfair to see parents who don't care or don't give their children time and affection while all of us are so willing to do so and we can't.

I'm feeling down today too, but something inside me keeps telling me that tomorrow will be better.

Hope life will surprise us positively when we don't expect it. I'm sure you will make your dream of being a mother come true soon!

Blessings

Edwina89

So sad to hear your story. No doubt it's great loss having no child. Nothing can replace your child in the world. Be patient. Bad time comes and goes away. It's our determination, which holds us in every difficult situation. And never let us fall down. It's very lovely to take care of your own baby. Smile at their little movements. You are right. Sometimes, people don't understand the pain until they go through it. You wish to caring children is very right. Anyone losing their child has same feelings. I hope tomorrow will be better for you than today. I wish and pray for all your desires of having your child.

Edwina89

Losing a child is a parent's worst nightmare. It was August 2010. When we received a horrible call from our aunt. Her daughter was died.

Her daughter had gotten into their SUV, which was parked in driveway, and been overtaken by heat in the backseat. That’s where they found her, unresponsive and blue. She never woke up. They’d later piece together what was most likely to have happened. She went next door to play but, after finding an empty house, she headed home. Remembering the craft she’d left in the car after church, she decided to retrieve it.

We never left any of our children alone in a car at any time after listening it. A scenario we hadn’t envisioned, though, was what if one of our children entered a car … alone?

In our neighbourhood, kids love to play hide and seek. When trees and patios are taken, what better place to hide than the backseat of a car?

If you are a parent, teach your children that vehicles are never to be used as a play area. And even if you don’t have kids, know your unlocked car could be tempting to a curious child.

GloriaX

Oh, I am so so so sorry :( People often do not appreciate what they have. While I was trying to conceive without success, I looked with envy at all parents. While they were unhappy with their children. But this does not mean that all people are like that. There are kind, caring parents who love their children more than anything else. I hope one day you will feel the joy of motherhood and show everyone how to treat children. Do not despair

GloriaX
:(:(:( Edited by GloriaX