Sign in to follow this  
Dark unicorn

Community hall with enclosed playgrounds - Sydney

Dark unicorn

Does anyone know of a community/sport centre or hall that also has an enclosed/gated play area? Preferably in the eastern suburbs or Hills area. But, other areas in Sydney are ok too.

I'm trying to plan a first birthday and it's extremely difficult to find a suitable venue online.

Edited by Zaradee

KoalaTeeTime

Maybe check out what Bernie Mullane offers in terms of indoor areas? I know there is a huge conplex there behind the fenced playground but have never been inside. They're in Kellyville.

Dark unicorn

Thank you KoalaTeeTime.

From memory, Bernie Mullane is really big inside. Probably a little to big for what we're after.

Krio

Not too far from the Hills, there is Hawkins Hall in Thornleigh and Hornsby Heights Community Centre (I think that's what it's called) on Galston Rd. Both can be booked through the Hornsby Council website.

• Like 1

Speckle Park

Not your area at all but the Freshwater Literary Institute Hall is brilliant. It is the community pre-school during the week and is available for hire on weekends and evenings. Beautiful playground and very child-friendly facilities. It is next to a large free carpark.

• Like 1

somila

Try looking at the playgroups website.

I had a child's birthday party at our local playgroup once (QLD) and it was brilliant.

esme weatherwax

Not your area - but Fairland Hall, Hunters Hill, is available for hire through the Hunters Hill Council. I had a 3 yr olds birthday party there a few years ago. It was far cheaper than anything else around and it has chairs, tables, toilets, a small kitchen and an enclosed outdoor area.

I was fortunate enough to be there looking at it one day while the local playgroup was running and the head of the group let us hire the playgroup equipment (toys that were perfect for 1- 4 yr olds) for a nominal donation. It was brilliant.

Dark unicorn

Thank you ladies. All great suggestions.

nup

Did you try kidzlounge?

Try churches and councils.

Coffeegirl

Might be a bit far but the Gymea United football club has a good venue with an enclosed play area (proper childproof gates and everything). They often have christenings and playgroups there.

http://www.gufc.com.au