Sign in to follow this  
BluJay

Child Care Rebate

BluJay

I used child care for the first time last year, from February 2016 to July 2016.

I get CCB and had CCR paid direct to service.

I see there is 15% CCR retained in case of overpayment - my question is do I have to claim this myself or would it have already been paid to me automatically? I don't recall an extra payment but I might have missed it.

Thanks

BluJay

I don't recall receiving a reconciliation letter.

I don't earn any income so told them I do not need to lodge an tax return at the end of the financial year. Does this matter?

I will go through my bank records. Is it listed separately from family payments or just included in one of the payments one fortnight?

BluJay

I don't have a partner. And I am on DSP.

I definitely got CCR and had it paid direct to service. My son and I wouldn't have been able to use daycare without it.

I tried to check MyGov for my previous payments but it was down - will check again now.

Thanks

Edited by BluJay

Crazyhouseholdof6

I was thinking the same thing. If you're not earning an income do you actually qualify for the rebates?? There is a work / study test you need to meet to obtain the rebates.

BluJay

I got a small, seemingly random, payment on August 2nd 2016 - would this be it? I wouldnt expect it to be much as he was only there for two days per week for about four months.

I just want to make sure I am doing what I am supposed to, as he has gone back to daycare this year in readiness for kinder next year, so when the new financial year comes around I vaguely understand what I am doing this time!

So at the end of the financial year I tell them again that I am not required to lodge a tax return and that is all I have to do?

Thanks

BluJay

I was thinking the same thing. If you're not earning an income do you actually qualify for the rebates?? There is a work / study test you need to meet to obtain the rebates.

There are various exemptions from this test, one being receiving the DSP.

hills mum bec

Check your inbox on MyGov to see if you got a letter regarding a reconciliation.