Sign in to follow this  
sandshoes

occaasional care

sandshoes

Hi everyone.

I need to return to work soon an can only find occasional care. Child care centres in the toddler rooms are booked out.

So can I send DS to 2 different occasion care places in one week. My parents will pick him up after each session. Otherwise it's at there place for 2 full days if I can't.

Thanks

Coffeegirl

What are you asking? Have we used OC? Will your arrangements work? Do you get CCB or CCR etc?

I used OC once and awhile with my kids many years ago. It was very popular, so you had to ring up at 8am on the dot the week BEFORE you needed care and hope they had room. Sometimes I would forget and ring at 8:15 and there would be no spots.

Preference was not given to working parents and you could not book for the whole 6 hours they were open. You could only book 9-1 or 11-3. You also could not book more than 2 sessions per week.

Not sure if all centres are that busy and as strict with bookings, but I wouldn't be using it for reliable weekly care.

They also did not have the same sort of structured programming that daycare centres do. It was mostly free play as the kids were not there all day everyday.

Can't help for the CCB or CCR as I wasn't eligible for CCB and CCR didn't exist.

Jenflea

Have you tried family daycare?

Bearynice

Are you asking if it's ok if you send him to two different centres?

Of course it is if you are happy with the places

Sometimes occ care have weird pre booking systems so you might find you can't plan too far in advance with care days

But if you have a back up plan of full day with your parents that's great.

chicken_bits

If you're asking about sending to 2 centres in terms of the CCR/CCB, yes, you can.

sandshoes

Yes I'm asking if I can send him to 2 different places. I can send DS2 to nursery rooms at childcare, but DS1 is 2 and unfortunately there's no spots for him other than occasional care.

I just wasn't sure given there DECD occasional care facilities I could use both.

Family day care isn't an option for personal reasons.

Veritas Vinum Arte

I used occasional care when I returned to work.

My kids went regularly 3 days a week.

Like PP mentioned you could only book 2 weeks in advance and bookings started at 8.30am when the centre opened. I would be there as it opened to drop my child off for the day and at the same time book for 2 weeks in advance.

Our centre took everything from a 30mins booking to a full day 8.30-5.30pm.

I did this over a period of 7 years over 3 kids.

ETA there were many kids who were "regular" OC kids

Edited by Veritas Vinum Arte