KoalaTeeTime

WDYT - should I be getting CCR in this case?

KoalaTeeTime

I paid almost $1000 to my son's daycare centre before he started almost 1.5yrs ago. As of last week I've given the required 4 week notice because we are changing centres. The bond gets used for these last 4 weeks. The centrelink childcare rebate money I usually get weekly hasn't gone in this week so it seems to have stopped. Is the CCR not applicable to the bond, even though it's being used now instead of new payments? I just wanted to check first before I bothered the director at the centre.

hoohoobump

$1000?????

KoalaTeeTime

Yeah it was like a whole month of fees up front or something like that.

KoalaTeeTime

If they report attendance right up to the last day and you're eligible you should get CCR to the last day.

Thank you! I will check with the director what's happening with the reporting. We're still getting the statements just they are credit not debits now.

SplashingRainbows

Your child needs to be in attendance to claim the CCR I think. Don't know if that's just the last day or the whole notice period.

The other possibility is the accounts person hasn't processed the entry In the system to move from bond to paid fees. Sounds weird I know but it's an accounting / reporting thing. I'd check with the centre.

• Like 1

RynandStompy

Also check if you have reached the $7500 fin yr threshold. I recall we often ran out about now. The last payment was usually the final dregs of money left though so was usually a clue reminder to us that payments would cease. Possibly less likely in your case though if the bond is also being consumed as payment.

• Like 1

KoalaTeeTime

We just got a statement of CCB from Centrelink on mygov and as far as I can see we're still under. But I did think that could be the cause.

He hasn't started at the new centre yet, but I've paid their bond in preparation.

kablel

Did you get the rebate on the amount you paid upfront (ie, the bond)? If you didn't then yes, I would have thought you would be entitled to it now

KoalaTeeTime

I don't think we did, just when he started attending. But I have been trying to remember/find out because that would also be a good explanation.

theboys2

Do people really pay bond for daycare?? What state are you in?

wannabe30

Absolutely yes. In NSW. I've been at two centres and both needed two weeks' fees as bond. Fees for my two kids were $900+ a week (in total for two kids) so it adds up fast!

AsperHacker

NSW. Thankfully, my first child at our ldc was with the previous owners so I've just continued to roll over our $100 bond to the next kid. $1000 is crazy!

OP, if you're being charged for your kid then you're entitled to your CCR and CCB. It doesn't matter when or why you paid the thousand bucks. There's no loophole. So, follow it up is you don't get your benefits back.

KoalaTeeTime

I'm in NSW. I don't mind the bond so much as the centres that charge a fee to go on their waiting list.