Sign in to follow this  
Ocean waves

Repairing vintage camera

Ocean waves

Hi everyone

I was after some opinions ...

My husband has lots of canon gear, main camera is a 5D and he has a number of lenses. He takes photos for his own enjoyment. From a family member he was given an old yashica camera. I believe that it does not currently work. Would you guys think getting it repaired on the sly would be a good surprise or given he has all the current gear, an expensive exercise for something that would be used once in a blue moon?

Thanks

Edited by blue sky

Ocean waves

Photo

limakilo

I would get a quote.

Is he interested in shooting film?

As a camera addict I have about 12 old film cameras here that I dream about fixing. If DH did one for me as a surprise, I would love that.

Caribou

I've seen similar before. the colours would be much different to what you get on a canon, but sometimes the colours you get out of a film roll can create more intense, warm, provoking photos.

I think your DH will have fun with having it on hand.Can't say for sure he'd use it just as much as a modern canon, but he may feel some settings require an old fashion touch to it.

I think it comes down to how much it will cost to repair. and where to get the film from!