Sign in to follow this  
123Babies4Me

Constant discharge while breastfeeding - no period yet

123Babies4Me

Another question about fertility....(my body is driving me batty atm!)

So baby is 9.5mo and breastfed. No period yet. However for the last few weeks I've been getting lots of discharge. When it first appeared I thought ok, I must be ovulating. Then when the discharge continued and no period came, I started thinking that maybe I was somehow pregnant. Pregnancy test BFN. But the discharge (and lack of period!) continues!

I only get discharge this epic when I'm either pregnant or ovulating!! But I don't think either is happening!!!

Has this happened to anyone else??

Jenflea

An infection?

Only way to know for sure would be a GP visit and hormone check and swab taken I'd think.

123Babies4Me

I thought about this, but there doesn't seem to be any smell or irritation? Its just very similar discharge to the discharge I get when pregnant/ovulating?

123Babies4Me

Just thought I might bump this post....3.5 weeks later, still getting heaps of daily discharge but another pg test says BFN. If it is my body trying to O, I really wish it would hurry up...

Jamelex

With both my boys my period returned at 11months. I started spotting when DD was 10.5 months, but ended up having daily spotting for 2.5-3 months and daily cramping for the first month of that, before I finally had my period at 13.5 months. Only this week has it all cleared up, DD is now 14 months. I had seen my GP, definitely not pregnant, bloods and pelvis US normal, Pap smear done and awaiting (likely normal) results. Probably just hormonal, definitely inconvenient and annoying. However, when in doubt, check it out.

123Babies4Me