Sign in to follow this  
ma.wright91

Getting Through The Silly Season

ma.wright91

So I have been on the hunt for alcohol free options that aren't obviously alcohol free to get through the silly season without being caught out!! It would be very unusual for me not to have a couple of drinks when I do not have to drive home.

I found a variety of alcohol free red wines - they aren't awful, but they are not even close to good. I also found some alcohol free ciders, I'm just waiting for them to arrive to see if they are any good.

If you are keeping it to yourself for awhile yet, what are you doing to avoid detection?

loulou1985

So yesterday we had a party and I was so worried someone would open and pour wine but it never happened! I put some jugs of water on the table and the wine and glasses somewhere separate so people could get themselves what they wanted. No-one ended up drinking... Weird but so relieved after! I'm going to be with my family over Christmas and since I've been dieting forever I'm just going to say I don't drink the calories in alcohol anymore!

ma.wright91

I was ok at our family event yesterday as I had to drive a long way home. My hubby is away at work till mid-Jan, so I will be staying at mum & dad's over Chrissy & it will really stand out. I'm hoping the ciders I ordered are better than the wines haha

MoonMama
  • Like 1

fever head

My immediate family know, as does my SIL (she works at my GP's office and was the one to hand me my blood test results, haha). She's going to pretend that she doesn't know for a few weeks, and she normally is the one who offers me lots of lovely wine so I'm ok there. For Chrissy, my parents normally bring up lots of wine and sparkling grape juice that tastes quite nice, so I'm covered there too.

However we have a street party on this afternoon, and I normally have a few drinks there. Also, we usually have drinks with our neighbours - last weekend I pretended to just have bad heartburn and drank iced coffee. Then there's a new years party coming up with friends. I'm known for liking my wine and JD & cokes, it's going to be hard to hide.

Edited by fever head
  • Like 1

ma.wright91

Love it MoonMama! I asked hubby to drink a few bottles of red so I could do a swap too, but we were so busy during his week home that he didn't get any open let alone empty!

We also have our wedding reception mid Jan (I'll be around 10wks). We got married in Croatia in August during our big Europe trip. I actually think it will be easier to hide there though.

Linda6

Good luck hiding it.

I'm still breastfeeding and with my first I made it a rule I wouldn't drink when pregnant and breastfeeding so I'm covered there (been a long time between drinks)

• Like 1

VVV

When I went to functions in the early stages of my pregnancy I used to fill up a champagne glass with orange juice and people would assume it was champagne and orange.

• Like 1

urbanlenny
  • Like 1

Linda6

Still breastfeeding also, use that as an excuse to not drink. I'm more worried about food options

I know that feeling. We are having a seafood christmas - all food is already bought. Luckily, I only really eat seafood if it's hot anyway :-)

how old is your little one that is breastfed still?

urbanlenny

Linda6

Nice age gap.

Maybe just eat small amounts during the day instead of in one big meal

• Like 1

urbanlenny

It's a lot smaller than the previous gap! 11 years between my two! I'm hoping to just graze. Pretend I am on a diet.

Linda6

It's a lot smaller than the previous gap! 11 years between my two! I'm hoping to just graze. Pretend I am on a diet.

in that case, a very small gap. Mine all have roughly 1 1/2 years between them.

urbanlenny

That would keep you busy! How do you find having a toddler and a newborn at the same time?

Linda6

Sorry for the late reply.

I've only had small age gaps so I'm pretty much used to it. I like that i am still in the routine of a young baby when the next one comes along but it can be difficult to get through the day after a night of multiple wakeups

• Like 1

urbanlenny

Sorry for the late reply.

I've only had small age gaps so I'm pretty much used to it. I like that i am still in the routine of a young baby when the next one comes along but it can be difficult to get through the day after a night of multiple wakeups

I have found DS has become super clingy lately and is BF a lot more frequently. I'm wondering if it's because I am pregnant, or if it's just a separation anxiety thing they go through around this age. Either way, my nipples are killing me.

Linda6

Could be separation anxiety. Your milk changes when pregnant so could be something to do with that too