Sign in to follow this  
Offspring

Weight Gain

Offspring

Hi everyone,

I am 20 weeks this week and have put on about 6kg so far.. And apart from my stomach finally popping most of that seems to have gone to my thighs also...

(Need to stop eating chocolate and other sweet things and try to be more strict haha I know weight gain is normal up to 20kg even but I don't want to put on toooooo much hehe. I walk etc everyday and pilates class once a week).

How much weight have you gained and has most of it gone straight to your thighs?

I have read that your body stores fat in your butt, thighs and upper back for breastfeeding but not sure how true that is?

I weighed around 50kg when I fell pregnant and around 56kg now so still pretty small but I have never really weighed over 50kg before so my changing body is all new hehe :)

xxx

MrsPotatoHead

I am 19 weeks and have put on 1.5kg, everyone is so different though (at this point last pregnancy I hadn't put on any) I don't diet or do any regular exercise, i think my metabolism just speeds up lots during pregnancy. If you were on the smaller side it just sounds like your bodies way of saying you need it!

laciem

At 19 weeks I'd gained over 10kg. I haven't weighed myself since but I couldn't see the weight then and now at 24 weeks I definitely feel and look bigger. I can only assume the number is now on the large side.

My thighs is where I can see is most. I'm kind of ok with that as usually it is my upper arms that gains most so now I've evened out a bit.

When I fell pregnant I was underweight and told I should try to eat a little more (perhaps I've been over enthusiastic on that advice) and to expect to maybe gain more than people starting in the "healthy" bmi range so I'm not particularly concerned about the weight gain yet.