Sign in to follow this  
Elle888

Music during c-section?

Elle888

Did you bring music to your elective C-section?

I was just reading elective C-section information and they said I can bring music in if I wanted. Did you bring some music along? If you did, was it on a cd or just on your phone?

Thinking of just downloading a few relaxing/upbeat songs, but not a big deal if it doesn't happen.

Sui-yat

I had an emergency c-section and my obstetrician asked me if I wanted to choose a song to play as my DD was being born. We hadn't thought about it all and ended up choosing Pachelbel's Canon as we had been to a few church weddings while pregnant and my daughter always started kicking when the music played. My obstetrician's assistant quickly download it onto his phone.

lilwonder

I only did music through my phone with earphones for the spinal each time as I had a bad experience first time and it helped me to concentrate and not panic.

Generally I was happy to just chat to hubby and drs and nurses, it was quite noisy enough already with the people around! I'm sure you could take it in and see how you feel on the day

• Like 1

BeAwesome

I brought my iPod and they hooked it up to a stereo in the room :) Just normal pop/rock music, relaxation music does the complete opposite to me.

Nutty nut

My first was an emergency C-section. The anaesthetist asked what team the baby was going to barrack for. He was born to the Richmond footy club theme song.

I do not follow football..... But I was far more worried about the baby arriving than what music was going on.

Box of Frogs

DD1 was born to Dusty Springfield's Son of A Preacher Man (not my choice, that was what was on the surgeon's iPod at the time)

• Like 1

BungyBaby

I'd want Ride of the Valkyries by Wagner, turned up loud.