Sign in to follow this  
Reva Ryan

Best State Primory School in Melbourne Eastern Suburbs

Reva Ryan

Hi,

We are moving to Melbourne and just wondering if someone can help letting us know about State Primory Schools in Melbourne Eastern suburbs. My daughter is in grade 2 and will start grade 3 next year.

I would be working Scoresby and I am happy to travel 1/2 an hour to 45 mnts if any good Primory school for my daughter. Any suggestions much appreciated, thanks.

Sandy

tothebeach

There are many good primary schools in the SE suburbs. What are you looking for? Public or private. Big or small? Highly academic? Traditional or progressive? Where will you be living? Some are zoned.

catkin

Hi and welcome to lovely melbourne.

I think your question might be a bit broad in its scope to get many responses. That's a huge area, with potentially hundreds of schools. Maybe edit your post to add which suburb you'll be living in, and what defines a 'good school' for you and your family. They all will have different strengths- some better suited your DD's needs?

Good luck!

Reva Ryan

Hi

Thanks heaps guys for your attention to my post.

My job is in scoresby and since i do not know much about Melbourne so was bit broad in my query. I am looking for state primary schools with good naplan scores, high academic achievements. Happy to travel upto half an hour towards city from scoresby where i can find good schools so that i can look for a rental property there to ensure i am in catchment.

Look forward to hearing from the readers.

Thanks

Sandy

BubbleBird

Have a look st schools in the glen Waverley area if you are looking for good academics. GW primary, Highvale, Camelot Rise are a couple. Glen Waverley is about 15 mins drive from Scorsbey.

Soontobegran

You have many choices that would cover those requirements but it depends on where you are living with these schools being zoned.

It's not a matter of just being willing to drive 30 minutes unfortunately.

If you had a place of residence it would help .

Good luck.

• Like 2

yabbadabbadoo

It would depend a lot on your budget and whether you are renting or buying.

8mimi8

Hi op.

Have a look at heathmont east primary school. Its 15 mnts drive from scoresby and rankrd quite highly. I dont know if its zoned but is moving to heathmont possible?

Its a lovely area

lucky 2

Hi, yes that's a broad question, but I suppose you'll narrow it down over time.

I remember trying to find the "best" school for dd in the eastern suburbs.

I tried to find the school first, then find the rental house.

It didn't work that way, in the end, I couldn't find the house to fit the school so I found a house and went to the local school.

It depends on what "best" means to you, and it will probably mean something different to me.

Best ended up being a school that was close to home, friendly, has sound policies on managing behaviour, inclusive of families, has performing arts/music/LOTE etc.

And a place where dd always wanted to be.

She thinks her primary school is the best in Melbourne.

Good luck with your search! :)

• Like 2

Sentient Puddle

You can look up the Naplan results of any school at any time and compare them to all other schools. Naplan results are to my mind largely a reflection of the socio-ecomonic status of the school and not much else. The area around where you are suggesting has a population of just under a million people - so lots of suburbs and lots of houses and schools. In reality - most people live where they can afford and send their children to the local schools to build up friendship groups and networks unless their children go to private schools out of suburb. If you want people to suggest schools you may want to give people an indication of the budget etc as when you move from Primary School in Melbourne's East many, many Secondary schools are tightly zoned and you need to actually live in that zone for school enrollment. Many Public Primary schools are also capped for enrollment too!