mamaj180

Please Help me re do my budget

amandaatnumber7

For those who have switched to Aldi, do you get to keep your existing number or do you need a new one? I've heard great things about their plans, but I want to keep my number!!!

Yep you keep your number :) and its all done online

I think it was $5 to buy the sim but you get that back in credit

mamaj180

Thank you everyone for replying. Since I have last been on here I have taken money from our savings paid off our credit card and got rid of it entirely. each fortnight money gets debited from our acc for utility bills. I called telstra up regarding our phone and internet to be honest he wasn't very helpful tried to get me to combine it all on the one bill with more data which I don't need. I'll have to wait till the contract is up on my phone in may as Im paying off the handset for that aswell and then I will not renew it and just get a pre paid sim.

Your food bill is very high.

For two adults and four kids (one a teenager) our grocery bills are $150 a week for EVERYTHING, nappies, meat, fruit and veg I make my own cleaning and laundry products, all bread etc and lunches are bento style. We eat very well.

Yes you are a family of 8 BUT I think you could halve that very easily.

If you would like me to assist you can either pm me or comment on here. I'm interested in the type of meals you have, lunch items and snacks. Also the type of items you buy.

I know I must admit our food bill is high and I struggle with it to keep it down. I do bake all the children lunch box snacks. I don't buy any frozen processed food either. That includes all toiletries formula nappies ect. Just how your interested in the type of items I buy I am of what you buy aswell. Maybe we could share? I would appreciate any advice you have to offer :yes:

Holidayromp

Thank you everyone for replying. Since I have last been on here I have taken money from our savings paid off our credit card and got rid of it entirely. each fortnight money gets debited from our acc for utility bills. I called telstra up regarding our phone and internet to be honest he wasn't very helpful tried to get me to combine it all on the one bill with more data which I don't need. I'll have to wait till the contract is up on my phone in may as Im paying off the handset for that aswell and then I will not renew it and just get a pre paid sim.

I know I must admit our food bill is high and I struggle with it to keep it down. I do bake all the children lunch box snacks. I don't buy any frozen processed food either. That includes all toiletries formula nappies ect. Just how your interested in the type of items I buy I am of what you buy aswell. Maybe we could share? I would appreciate any advice you have to offer :yes:

I will pm you maybe Sunday or early next week as we are going away. I am very happy to help. :)

kaishra

Once your phone contract is up You don't have to get a new one you can just continue the same as now off contract (give it a week and call back,some of them are much more helpful than others) if you change to prepaid it might cost you more than you spend now plus the per minute rates are higher

Mamabug

I think the food bill is a problem.

I have two with intollerances, so understand the expense of that, but we have a main family of five (which goes up to eight a few days a week) and budget $250 ish a fortnight.

Look at healthy vego meal options and work them into your budget; meat is expensive.

Agree with telco comments, but look at the food budget also.