Perth_mumma

Harmony test

Perth_mumma

Hey has anyone had the harmony test and got their results? How long did they take? Did they just phone you? I know they say 2 weeks but wondering if people tend to grt them sooner (im so impatient!) thanks

Ausmum4

I had mine done, but haven't got results yet. My OB said 2 weeks for results

Perth_mumma

Are you finding out gender too?

bluthbananas

I'm not in this group but saw this in recent topics.

I'm due in Feb and had the harmony test. We chose to find out the sex as well. The result took 7days which included the weekend and a public holiday. I was told it could be up to 10 days. I just got a phone call like they told me I would at the initial appointment.

• Like 1

Iezze

I had a harmony done on Tuesday and they told me 7 days. I think best case it's 4 days. They are going to call with the results.

Fright bat

Are you finding out gender too?

You'll have to wait until your child is old enough to speak to find out their 'gender'. You'll have to wait until they are born to find out what's between their legs. But the harmony test will tell you what sex chromosomes they have.... (I think it's quite important that people understand these distinctions! Sex chromosomes don't always correlate with gender, and they don't even necessarily correlate with what bits you are born with!)

• Like 4

Perth_mumma

I'm not in this group but saw this in recent topics.

I'm due in Feb and had the harmony test. We chose to find out the sex as well. The result took 7days which included the weekend and a public holiday. I was told it could be up to 10 days. I just got a phone call like they told me I would at the initial appointment.

Oh cool! Thats super quick. I'll make sure I keep my phone off silent :)

bluthbananas

Good luck with your results! Hopefully you don't have to wait too long. For some reason I was very nervous about the result and so relieved when it was low risk. I am now starting to enjoy being pregnant rather than worrying about what could go wrong. It was worth it for me for extra peace of mind.

Perth_mumma

mlc77

Took 4 working days for my results to come through. Had test on a Thu morning and got the results on Monday afternoon.

MerryClumsyXmas

How much does it cost? I only just heard about it today and was told it was quite pricey...?

Iezze

Mine was $450. There are other 'brands' of NIPT too.

Perth_mumma

Mine was $525 at Pathwest (perth)

Polka dot

I had the percept test and it was $450. The test is done in Australia so quicker, took 4 business days including the day I got the test done

Perth_mumma

Feeling ripped off, my obs said it was $450 but at the clinic it was $525...

Jellybean5

Crazy prices hope you all get good results

laciem

Mine was $450 via Clinipath Perth

aquarium2

The prices and wait times have reduced recently because Sonic Genetics now have the ability to run the results through their labs in Australia. Previously all the samples were sent to the USA to tested.

Offspring

Sorry I'm not much help I'm getting the combined screening test, but I would assume your results would go to your referring dr/ob wouldn't they??

Good luck xx

Nutty nut

I had the harmony test last time, and it was expensive $800 ish), done with the ultrasound clinic, and sent to the States. It took two weeks. This time it was done by a pathology service, performed locally out of the Women's, and was back 4 working days. The phone call was from my obs this time.

mlc77

It's come down in price as of Jan this year since they started processing the samples in Melbourne. I paid $460 for mine a couple of weeks ago and results came in four business days.