Wonderstruck

Pregnant or Parenting after IVF with PGD

MeerkatManor

Great to hear your 20w scan went well, Smoo!

McBubba - no symptoms, touch wood! Previous pregnancies had heavy bleeding (more than heavy period) and cramping leading to the discovery of the SCHs. Feel like I'm holding a ticking bomb...

Edited by MeerkatManor

Wonderstruck

Hopefully it just reabsorbs!

Green lady

What a pain Meerkat. At least everything else is on track. Hopefully the fact you've had no bleeding yet means it won't be as bad as your previous ones and will just reabsorb.

Wonderstruck

By the way ladies who have had kids before...

Where the hell do I buy maternity swim wear and how do I not look gross wearing it.

We have a holiday booked to Port Stevens in late Sept (I'll be about 18-19 weeks) and I doubt I could fit into any of my swim wear...

Advice appreciated...

Green lady

I bought some to wear when I was 24 weeks pregnant. I think I bought on-line from Queen Bee maternity. It was a waste of money as it was revolting. It was a bikini.

My plan this time when I go to Port Douglas in first week of Oct is just to wear my existing bikini. I figure the bottoms will sit under any bump I have.

I think at 18 weeks a bikini is acceptable. The wearing a bikini on the beach at 39 weeks pregnant is not my look but is probably the most comfortable attire as full cover maternity swimsuits are pretty revolting from memory - they just don't seem to make any nice ones.

Edited by Green lady

Wonderstruck

My bikini's tops wouldn't come near my assets anymore.

anna76

Hello ladies,

Congratulations on your hard-earned pregnancies!!

I just came across this group in the "We Are Discussing..." side menu.

Not sure if this is the group for me, or where else I should look?

DH and I have a toddler from IVF and we have 5 frozen embryos in storage. We have just lost our son in utero at 17 weeks and about to go through PGD for the first time.

I hadn't even heard of the term 'balanced translocation' until a couple of weeks ago and to be honest, it's a relief to hear other women discussing it and also who are knowledgable about PGD.

If I can join your group that'd be ace - or if not appropriate, can you please point me in the right direction?

TIA :)

Wonderstruck

Likely the best thread is in the Assisted Conception Buddy Group section there is an IVF with PGD thread (http://www.essential...f-with-pgd-113/)

That thread has ladies going through the process and we are the lucky ladies who have come out the other side.

I joined this forum to find other PGD people as we never tried naturally and went straight to PGD as my DH has a genetic condition that has a 50% chance of being passed on.

I was fortunate in that thus far I've only done 1 stim and we had 5 out of 12 of the biopsied embryos come back clear. We had one failed FET and this is no.2.

It is an emotionally draining and expensive experience. That said, my clinic and doctor were amazing!

The ladies there are lovely and helpful, some know a bit about BTs as well.

Welcome to stay here and ask questions - Smoo knows more about BTs than me - the other thread will have more about the day-to-day process and ladies currently going through it.

I'm always happy to share PGD experiences, its not common but very interesting and awesome technology.

I'm sorry for your loss and hope PGD can bring you a rainbow baby.

Edited by McBubba2016

Smoo

i've got a ripe tankini from last time. It was pretty baggy until late pregnancy. I'm planning on spending as much time in the pool as possible since it's actually in now, however, given it's our pool it doesn't matter if i look crap.

anna - feel free to ask me about balanced translocations if that's your issue, normally fertilisation rates for bt are very low, tbh i've been very lucky. There are a couple of other ladies still going through pgd with it atm link to the forum McBubba mentioned is http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=179290

Green lady

Lucky you McBubba - I've never had that issue in pregnancy.

MeerkatManor

Thanks for the reassurance and well wishes. Nothing to do but wait I guess.

Mcbubba I had the hormone induced blossoming bustline during pregnancy too. Unfortunately the expansion didn't match the rest of me in scale or speed! As I pretty much had bleeding from 6 weeks till birth I did not have the need to shop for swimwear so can't help you there. I found the bodycon maternity dresses problematic too so ended up in size 12 baby doll dresses or tunic and leggings most of the time.

Anna you're more than welcome here. The ivf with PGD group is also reasonably busy. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. When are you startin your stim cycle?

Green lady

I dug out my old maternity clothes from 6 years ago. Apart from one pair of jeans I don't think I can wear any of them - purely for fashion reasons. I much prefer to loose pregnancy style now whereas back them I wore a lot of body con stuff. Just can't imagine wearing it now.

anna76

Thanks girls for your replies. I'll check out the link you've suggested. This thread gives me hope that a rainbow baby might be a chance for us.

All the very, very best in your pregnancy journeys.

Smoo

I've been having a fairly large sook on some of my maternity stuff - too big, I've gained weight how can it be too big???

Green lady

Smoo I think it's just that styles have changed, so now it looks big. Some of my work pants are just so wide in the leg I don't know why I ever wore them - yet I'm pretty much the same size as I was last pregnancy. Not sure what I will wear to work. Perhaps a couple of maternity dresses that I will put on rotation.

Wonderstruck

I think I haven't gained much yet maybe a 1kg? I suppose its not uncommon to not gain much in the first trimester.

I'm finding maternity stuff too big but wearing the jeans and pants as they tend to be more comfortable.

I had to get some work dresses as my dresses were uncomfortable. Angel Maternity have been great for that as they're a tiny bit baggy but I'll fill them in soon and they stretch. I got a few on sale for $40. They're not expensive full price.

Angel Maternity stuff isn't amazing quality but fine for the price. The work dresses are good, these are the ones I bought. They don't look very maternity-like. I'm normally a 6 and I wear their XS size.

http://angelmaternit...white-polkadots

http://angelmaternit...ted-dress-black

http://angelmaternit...rk-dress-purple

I think I'll struggle with casual clothes, I think I'll have to get normal slightly bigger tops or maxi-dresses as I'm finding a lot of maternity stuff is work or evening gear focused and pricey.

I got some jeans west jeans on sale and another pair at target. I also got some decent work pants at Target.

I'm at a loose end with the nausea and food aversions now. I'm struggling to look at meat at all and the nausea is still hanging around... I'm 14 weeks on Sunday and worried I'll feel like this the whole way through...

Edited by McBubba2016

Smoo

these tops are gaping enough that it's not decent for me to be seen in public

I'm focusing on stuff I can use later for bf, unfortunately the discount online place i used to use closed down

McBubba - it is really normal for ms to persist for another month, I don't know why they say first trimester, I can say from experience it lasts longer but can still go away.

Wonderstruck

I really hope it does. I feel like I'm silly for feeling depressed about it some days like I can't cope.

I don't have HG and haven't been medicated, I'm just struggling with waking up and having nausea all day - it's exhausting and takes all the fun out of it. Eating feels like a chore.

All I get told about it is its a good sign but really its just plain awful most of the time.

I feel like I really have nothing to complain about, I haven't needed medication or anything about but still struggle...makes work challenging and hard to focus.

Edited by McBubba2016

Smoo

there is nothing silly about morning sickness, i basically cried in my first pregnancy when I hit that magical 14 week point and I was still puking and tired. It got better... eventually.

How are your thyroid levels, they will make this sort of thing worse if they are off

Wonderstruck

Thanks for making me feel less 'soft' shall I say. Some days I just say to DH I can't do this, constantly feeling sick.

I almost feel like I'd feel better if I vomited but I doubt it lol.

I get travel sickness and it feels kind of the same but never ending.

I do feel like its a bit better but I think because its still here its hitting me harder as I was expecting it to be gone soon.

My TSH was 3.05 at 6 weeks (meds were increased by 100 per week at both 4 weeks and 6 weeks) and improved to 0.89 at 10 weeks.

My next TSH test is due around 16/17 weeks (so about 2-3 weeks away) I'll also see the endo for that result. I'm hoping its stablised, he did say it gets better as the pregnancy progresses as bubs own thyroid takes over.

Its just so nice to know others have felt this way, I feel so guilty as I know I'm lucky to be pregnant and I should feel like this is a chore...but it is sometimes

Green lady

McBubba - only 1kg! I have put on nearly 3 already! Eating is the only relief I get from the nausea and even that only lasts for half and hour. I'm really hoping this subsides and I also fearful that I might feel like this for the rest of the pregnancy. I've forgotten what it feels like not to have a constant nauseous feeling and yuck taste in my mouth.

Wonderstruck

I've forgotten that feeling too!

MeerkatManor

All day nausea starting here too! Spoke too soon about having no symptoms. Bam nauseous. From previous experience this will worsen rapidly until (just like what you're describing Green Lady) the only time I feel semi OK is during eating. Sick before eating and sicker after eating. Sick all day and still piling on weight! Eew…

Wonderstruck

It's gross isn't it.

Just bailed on a friend's birthday dinner. DH isn't feeling 100% and I'm exhausted as. Feel terrible as they wanted to see me as they haven't seen me since I announced.

Ordered Indian. Went from only being able to eat meat and 3 veg to craving indian and thai - hopefully I can tolerate the chicken part.

Now chilling on the couch in PJs with the heater on. So glad its the end of the week so I can relax.

Green lady

Any girls who haven't told friends and or family they are doing IVF, are you planning too tell that your pregnancy is IVF?

Only my sister and one close friend know I've done IVF and am pregnant. I'm undecided as to whether when I announce it I tell people it's IVF. I see it as private but on the other hand I don't know if I will feel a bit of a fraud not telling the whole story. I don't want to make out like I'm some 43 year old miracle that just fell pregnant naturally, when that's not the case. Also I have a 30 year old niece that's had 9 IVF transfers with no success and I am not sure how to tell her. Especially as she has a serious depressive illness to start with.