Wonderstruck

Pregnant or Parenting after IVF with PGD

Wonderstruck

Yeah my OB said its been used in pregnancy for years but still has the warning weirdly. Will keep use to a minimum.

Do tell us how the scan goes, very exciting!!!

I feel crap this arvo. Think low BP and residual m/s is knocking me aroubd today.

MeerkatManor

Mcbubba, you could try wearing compression stockings which have the dual effects of increasing venous return (so you feel less faint) and supporting your legs (if you have varicose vein problems). My OB recommended them when I was hypo. I found them so hard to put on - by the time I struggled into them I was exhausted! So never used them after the first time. I'm thinking if you have those compression running tights (Skinns etc) they might help?

Smoo - so exciting! Half way through :)

Green lady

I have low BP all the time but hoping that will help me not get pre-eclampsia!

13 weeks scan is Fri 2. Not sure if will bother with the bloods and no doubt on age alone I will get a 1:100 result. Having had a bad NT scan in the past and not been the '1' I'm not a big fan of the stress they cause.

Meerkat - mustn't be long now til that 7 week scan.

Wonderstruck

I have a cheapy BP monitor for Aldi and my parents have a good one so I'll keep an eye on it. OB wasn't worried. I'm usually a 110/70 girl and it was 95/60 yesterday morning at OBs, it improved in the evening closer to normal.

I too hope it keeps high blood pressure away as my mum was quite sick due to that with me and on bed rest.

Not long till your scans Green Lady and Meerkat.

I wouldn't worry with the BT if you did a harmony equivalent Green Lady, it's only 90% accurate when combined with the scan and both the PGD and harmony would be more accurate.

My nausea is still hanging around a bit past few days, I think its mostly the tiredness and the fact I need a break, I have one coming up in about a month so hopefully it continues to disappear.

This is going to be a slow and boring 6 weeks till my next scan as no doctors appointments or scans to let me know its all ok.

I am less stressed after the 12 week scan and telling people but it still feels like something could go wrong.

Green lady

In my first pregnancy at the ripe old age of 31 I didn't worry at all between 12 and 19 weeks. Ignorance is bliss. However with the others I had a scan at about 15 weeks which I just paid for at the ultrasound place. It's easier for me though as DH is a Dr and he can just write me the referral to do one.

If your anxious about it it's good to break up the 6 weeks and do a scan in the middle.

I'm dying to tell people but just can't as if I decide to do the amnio I will have to wait til 17 weeks.

Wonderstruck

I struggled waiting the 12 weeks, we told some people around 7-8 weeks...then at 9...

When will you get your blood results?

Green lady

Panorama results came back today - was shocked as the blood sample has to be sent to USA and I was told to expect 10-14 days and it's only been 7. All came back low risk for the main chromosomal abnormalities and the 5 most common micro deletions ( Di George , angelman, praeder Willi etc). Still haven't decided about the amnio will decide after 13 weeks scan.

Wonderstruck

That's great news. Really hope you don't need to worry about the amnio!

Could the amnio tell you what you want/need to know? I only understand it from a single gene testing point of view.

How are you feeling?

Edited by McBubba2016

Green lady

Still have all day nausea, hoping it will ease up as I'm getting close to 12 weeks. My skin is just terrible at the moment, so many pimples ! I blame the progesterone. Only three more days of pessaries and then I will be 12 weeks and can stop. Hoping my skin will improve then!

Wonderstruck

I managed to escape pessaries. I know almost all FET people have them...I don't know if Pregnyl boosters just prior to and just after transfer...

My skin is the oppose...bone dry.

Still have lingering nausea and food aversions at 13+3...I think its not helped by increasing headaches and just feeling tired and run down after the past 12 weeks.

Just Facebooked our request that family and friends have whooping cough boosters, hopefully not too much backlash...DH had his when I was 4 weeks, I had one before TTC and will have one at 28 weeks. Mum and Dad are done as they own a preschool and have had antivax kids in the past year...got to get siblings and in-laws on to it!

Smoo

home with the flu today unfortunately so is DS, so i'm trying to keep a 5yo in bed and get some rest, it's not going so well, currently throwing him at video games

My skin is peeling off and i have pimples, go figure, you'd think it'd be one or the other

that's great news on the test results green lady. I hope your 13 week scan goes well. All i can say on the amnio is it's a huge relief for us now having done it, but if we'd lost it - especially given there is no genetic issue we'd have been devastated. With all the other testing do you really need it?

I'm kind of glad that I never had to deal with the pessaries. I've still got 2 packs of unopened crinone sitting in the wardrobe :mellow:

hold your ground on the WC McBubba and remind them that it takes 2 weeks to kick in (and don't go on due date, PIL left it to the last minute with DS and then he was a week early). Yes i'm the cow who wouldn't let FIL hold the baby since he had a cough.

Green lady

Good luck with trying to rest with a 5 year old! My youngest is 5 turning 6 in Oct.

I am going to talk to the radiologist that does the amnio said and ask her - given all the tests I've had, what "extra" information will the amnio give me.

If I can live without that extra information then I won't do it as I don't want to take an unnecessary risk given the effort that has done in to getting this far!

Green lady

McBubba - I intend to make people vax as well. My parents never did it when DD was born in 2010 but they are that type of lazy parents. This time I won't be tolerating it and if you don't vax then you won't be visiting until the baby as whooping cough immunity!

Edited by Green lady

Wonderstruck

Yep - I'm starting the crusade from now so there is plenty of time.

I really see it as beneficial to all if it is done - protect yourself and others. Everyone should really do it.

We're lucky a lot of friends are aware from their siblings kids or friends .

I have a few family members who I'm worried about, you know the type that catch everything going around and are sick as dogs 24/7.

Light for Riley actually has a great graphic about seeing new babies - sort of like a checklist I plan on posting and sending around once bubs is born too.

My hospital is a cough free zone and I just hope people are sensible about it all.

28 weeks for me is a tough time as I have my prenatal classes on that Saturday and the following one so I'll either try and have to see GP during the week (I usually see her on Saturdays) which is hard or see if my OB has it?

I can't bring myself to throw out open and unopened Synarel (they gave me two but I only used it for trigger) some Pregnyl and Orgultran - or the gross FRER I took when I got my BFP...

I feel as if I may need it still lol!

Good Idea Green Lady - for me it wouldn't tell us much more and wasn't worth the risk. I don't think we'll do it even if we get to the embies that were 90% certain HD free. We've got one more with 95% certainty.

Edited by McBubba2016

MeerkatManor

Smoo - Poor thing. Hope you feel better soon!

Green Lady - great to hear that the Panorama results are good! I hope the radiologist is able to reassure you. The very experienced OB/FS who performed my amnio said that he almost never saw an amnio come back abnormal from a fetus with stone cold negative, perfect ultrasound appearance. If the scan looks great I think you can be further reassured.

The tests we have done should have ruled out most fatal and serious abnormalities. The Panorama should rule out a wrongly labelled embryo having been transferred. I think the questions are:

1. Does amnio offer you higher resolution testing and

2. If it detects something tiny with unknown significance... most likely fine... then what? If the investigation doesn't change management then you probably don't need it.

McBubba - dry skin is much better than acne!

Yes we'll be strictly enforcing the "no jab, no play with my baby or come into my house" rule too. Anti-vaccinators make me so mad - sounds harsh but I just don't have time for someone whose reasoning and sense of social responsibility are so limited.

AFM - first scan tomorrow (6w3d) because FS is going away on holidays. If we don't see a good heartbeat we'll repeat the scan next week. Really hope that doesn't happen because I'd be a nervous wreck until the next scan!

MeerkatManor

On a completely separate topic, strollers!

http://uppababy.com/

Ever since I saw a dad sitting in a G-Luxe with his toddler on his knees while waiting for the parade at disney to start, I've wanted one :)

Wonderstruck

Oh let us know how the scan goes!!! Super excited to hear about how it goes.

I've got a valco baby snap. It's 6.6kg and takes a capsule. Mum got a little excited. Perfect for appartment living.

I also really like the cocoon cot http://www.babyvillage.com.au/bedtime/bassinettes_cradles/cocoon_nest_4_in_1_bassinet_cot It converts so wouldn't need a bassinette or toddler bed. Bit exxy but I've been cheap with the pram so might splerge!

Edited by McBubba2016

Green lady

Meerkat - good luck with the scan tomorrow!

My main concern now on chromosomes is uni parental disomy - two copies of a chromosome from one parent. I am worried that the only reason I got a normal PGD result is due to that. It can be a disaster in some cases, for example Angelman syndrome is caused by that. There are generally no signs on ultrasound of anything abnormal if the baby has it. I can test for that on an amnio by providing blood samples from both parents. I wish I had known about it sooner as I would have asked if it could have been done as part of the PGD testing.

I like the Silver Cross pram that has a bassinet and then a seat. I think it's called Pioneer, I had a look at their website. I had a bugaboo previously but it's now 11 years old and prams are so much more advanced now.

Smoo

good luck meerkat, i hope you see a good strong heartbeat

greenlady - the chances of that have to be very low, particularly after everything else

Mcbubba - you don't need a bassinet anyway if you really, really want one hire the hospital type ones they grow out of them really really fast. Also it only got a score of 40% on choice. Just get a cot that converts to a bed. we got a lot of use out of a baby hammock at that stage tho

i'm stuck with my strider plus, great pram just big

MeerkatManor

Thank you ladies! A bit nervous so I'm still wide awake despite having had a busy day...

Green Lady are you sure you're a lawyer not a doctor? You've been reading too much Harrison's! I worked for several years as a resident (now WAHM - family business) and can't recall meeting anyone with Angelman's syndrome. Actually had to look it up to refresh my fuzzy memory because it's not exactly a common syndrome covered in great detail in medical school. You're making me feel bad that I never looked into what sort of tests was run on my amniocentesis sample for my daughter, and have so far accepted the PGS results as adequate! :omg:

Love the cot you picked out McBubba. Go for it!

Wonderstruck

Strider is a great pram Smoo. Probably a bit heavy for me but lots of options. I also liked the Agile. I'm hoping to get by with a single with a skate seat and carrier if we manage to have two closeish on age...will all depend on future FETs as we have 3 in the freezer.

Going to be stalking all day Meerkat!!!

Gah still nauseous and struggling now with meat and dinner...I'm 13+4 and figured it would be gone by now!

Green lady

Meerkat - I just live vicariously through DH who is a Doctor! I spend too much time reading and researching I guess. I travel on the train two hours a day and instead of working I'm reading articles. DH calls my Ipad the moulinex mixer ( for my brain).

This first scan is a bit nerve wracking. I didn't look at the screen and told my FS to tell me if I could look.

MeerkatManor

Grrr... just can't catch a break! Had the ultrasound this morning. The good news: fetal pole was measuring exactly 6w3d and a heartbeat of 118 was detected. BUT, they also detected a subchorionic haematoma that's 5x10mm. My previous near disastrous pregnancies involved large SCHs. Anxiety level up to 13/10 again!!!

A re-scan was booked on the spot for next week :cry:

Edited by MeerkatManor

Smoo

Meerkat - most of those will resolve, at least size and heartbeat are good, can you get some rest?

McBubba - if they'd had the agile when we bought it I would have gotten that instead, fortunately we're in a single storey house out in the suburbs so heavy isn't a huge deal. Don't get too set in getting them out of the pram early tho, DS went in yesterday to get up to the doctor as DH had the car (we also have the 2nd seat unused since it was free at the time, has been sitting in the closet for 5 years)

so we had the 20 week scan this morning, it looked pretty good . She spent ages trying to get a good look at the heart,she thought there might be a hole in there for a bit but she was pretty sure there wasn't.

Wonderstruck

Great news on the HB.

Hopefully the haematoma resolves itself, I've heard that happens a lot. Have you had any bleeding/spotting?

I thought that was the cause of my bleeding/spotting but there was nothing there.

Keep thinking positive and hang in there till next weeks scan. It sucks when there's something in the way of being able to relax!

Smoo - glad the scan went well! Annoying it was hard to get a view of the heart.

Are you feeling more relaxed after the scan?

I am feeling wretched today - food aversions kicked up a notch this week and nausea is still here.

I feel like I may not lose this nausea after all :(

Edited by McBubba2016