LucyGoose

Maxi micro scooter

LucyGoose

My daughter is 6. She's been riding her mini micro for 4 years and is just too tall now. She likes going fast, but would never be into doing tricks or anything. She can scoot 5km on the mini.

I think she'd like a maxi micro for Christmas. But, am wondering whether I'm crazy buying another 3-wheeler and if I should get her a 2-wheeler at her age?

F.E.B.E

My DD is almost 7 and loves her Maxi Micro, she is tall though and never had a Mini, we had a crappier version when she was little.

DS (9) will borrow it and do a few laps of a park if his mates aren't around, it is very fast and agile just like the Mini. My kids don't particularly like 2 wheeled scooters for some reason even though they can ride them.

coolbreeze

TBH I would go the two wheeler..it is right on the cusp of swapping over. My ds had the mini micro three wheeler and swapped over to the two wheeler in the same brand. Very sturdy and expensive, he picked it up in a day or two over the holidays. Soon he was just as fast or faster on the two wheeler and could go the same distance. He turned 7 in the December that he got the two wheeler.

CB

Edited by coolbreeze
  • Like 1

Isolated Old Elf

We bought the two wheeler for dd's 5th birthday. She had used the mini for a couple of years prior. She loves the 2 wheel version, and picked it up pretty much straight away. It is more agile and seems tougher than the mini, plus adults can ride them :ninja:

Lou-bags

I'd go the two wheeler for sure.

Our nearly 3yo DS has a two wheeler, different brand though (razor if I recall correctly), and he loves it so much.

I'm sure it your DD will pick it up in no time, and I think you'll get longer use out of a two wheeler- as I imagine it won't be long until she'll want to switch anyway?

Edited to add I wish that I knew about this brand before we got DS his boring old silver scooter- some of those designs are so awesome! I love the Sprite and the mx trixx! Perhaps Santa will bring have to bring him a new scooter this xmas!

Edited by Lou-bags

Pop-to-the-shops

We have had all three styles.

We love the mini micro and the razor two wheelers.

The maxi not so much. My ds calls it his slow scooter. It is a bit heavier than a micro.

magnanimous

Both my kids loved and used a maxi micro to around 7. But I wouldnt buy one for a 6 year old - they will get embarrassed and refuse to use it in a little while.

• Like 1

2020selfcare

Does anyone know the best place to buy the razor two wheelers scooters please?? Need to buy one for my child who

is 8 and half years old. She has grown out of her maxi micro 3 wheeler.

annodam

Both my kids went straight to 2-wheeler Razors, none of this 3-wheeler crap!

DD15 now has been riding the Micro White since about aged 10 & DS8 has always rode the Razor, bought from K-Mart if I recall rightly.

EFS:

Edited by annodam

knottygirl

My kids have maxi micros. They are getting 2 wheelers for Xmas this year (aged 7 and almost 6). They really love them and I think it is peer pressure plus they want to learn tricks at skate park that they want 2 wheelers.

Btw pp calling 3 wheelers crap is really rude. If you bothered to know anything about them, you would see that the micro scooters are a completely different thing to a regular scooter. You learn much better balance as you lean to turn so you learn to use your body weight to change direction similar skills you would use on a skateboard or surfboard.

I don't really think they are comparable to be honest they are so completely different.

• Like 1

Pip_longstockings

Another perspective, we bought a 2 wheeler for my very tall, at the time 4 year old. He refused to ride it. He continued to ride his mini but it got too small and he would go over the handlebar frequently.

In the end we had to buy him a bigger three wheeler and he is very happy still at 5.

My nieces are 12 & 10 and they still ride their maxi's. They don't seem bothered at all and have never asked for a two wheeler.

bec578

Mine love the 3 wheeler's they really are awesome! We updated to the Maxi Micro's

heffalumpsnwoozles

I was going to get my 7 year old a Maxi Micro, as she is not a terribly confident scooterer (she has a cheapie 3 wheeler which is falling to pieces). But one of her friends was making fun of other friends who recently got Maxis because "they are for babies" so I am going to get her a 2 wheeler because I don't think she would be happy with the 3 wheels for long.

My 9 year old has the Micro Sprite. It's fabulous. I have ridden it myself and really enjoyed it. Very expensive, but knowing how good the Micro brand is we felt it was worth it. Plus it comes in purple!

Razors are available in Kmart, Big W etc.

2020selfcare

Thanks for all the great feedback. Can I how much the maxi sprite is compared to the razor???

heffalumpsnwoozles

The Sprite was $160, the Razor is about $40.

BeAwesome

I bought a Maxi for my (tall) 4-year-old, and at 5 she interchanges between it and her 8-year-olds 2-wheel MGP scooter.

At 6, I'd go straight for the 2-wheeler. I'm not fussed on the Razor ones, I'd go MGP or the Sprite.

Edited by Holly-Days

annodam

My 9 year old has the Micro Sprite. It's fabulous. I have ridden it myself and really enjoyed it. Very expensive, but knowing how good the Micro brand is we felt it was worth it. Plus it comes in purple!

Have you ridden the Micro White?

Comes in Black also.

Fkn fabulous!

I fly on that thing...

My kids have trick scooters as well, Razors aren't good for tricks & stuff just good for riding.

They also own skateboards, so they spend hours at the skate park perfecting their tricks & stunts.