ClarkeTribe

Thermomix and Large Family

TheGreenSheep

I have had my TMX for a few years, and IMHO your either like or you don't. Simple.

I was a passionate, adventurous cook before I got mine. It's certainly widened my repartee and we all love it. Sometimes I cook in it day and night, and then I may not get around to using it for a week or two. Whatevs.

It does cook large quantities. I cook for 3A and 2C easily.

Fortunately there are numerous online resources and FB pages now, it has certainly made a vast improvement in the experience and getting the most out of your Thermomix.

I'm not in the cult, I rarely speak about it, unless I'm asked and I'll have a chat. I don't spew and share stuff on FB. For me it's another kitchen appliance that helps me enjoy cooking and exploring different foods.

Each to their own :)

ClarkeTribe

Really surprised this thread is still moving around after the months of my being away from EB!

So here's the follow on for those who might be curious.

I succumbed. I had a party. We purchased one. July last year. Time line looks like this:

It was delivered on a Tuesday. I made stock.

Thursday my 12yo (then 11yo) asked to make the Risotto from the demo. We agreed and he did.

Friday he asked if he could make custard for himself and all six siblings. He did.

Saturday morning I wake to the sound of metal on metal, specifically the sound of the oven trays. Look beside me to find DH still in bed. Jab him with an elbow to look at what was happening. As soon as the door opened the smell hit me. Using Thermie, PJ Bear had made Anzac Biscuits before brekkie.

Saturday afternoon, DH successfully drowned Thermie with milk by not attaching the bowl base. It survived after days of recovery efforts.

PJ Bear and siblings have fought over its use on multiple occasions.PJ Bear learned that Thermie wasn't exclusively his and had to play nice.

PJ Bear with strict supervision requirements starts a Twitter account to tweet his cooking exploits.

PJ Bear starts consultant training tomorrow (under my eye) as his first ever business venture.

For me it has been practical:

- Kids do more cooking which means less for me to do.

- It is less cumbersome than the food processor etc and more versatile so has justified bench space.

- It just makes life a tad easier.

No, not obsessive about it and still love my slow cooker, stab mixer and shake blender too much to part with.

It has been a good investment for us as a family but also for the esteem of PJ Bear.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely

Would I spend every last moment obsessing about it? Not on your life.

Edited by ClarkeTribe
  • Like 3

Acidulous Osprey

Really surprised this thread is still moving around after the months of my being away from EB!

Well the thread was dead since November 2016. So it's you who reanimated the zombie to let us know your kid is becoming a consultant...

ClarkeTribe

Well the thread was dead since November 2016. So it's you who reanimated the zombie to let us know your kid is becoming a consultant...

I meant that I expected it to be buried on page 3 or further back but it was still on the first page. EB has definitely gotten quieter from what it was a decade ago....