Greatmum

Woolworths etc jobs

Greatmum

Does anyone know when you apple for jobs with woolworths coles, bunnings big w etc do the applications go to the store or some head office??

Thanks

~Mintie~

Pretty sure they go to their internal recruitment person to review, then they send any potentials on to the stores. That was my experience. However some people have bypassed that if they have a friend or family who recommend them (not sure how often that happens but I've seen it several times).

ETA: That info is for Woolworths NSW (though I think the recruitment people were in QLD). You apply via WOWCareers.

KnightsofNi

I work for Coles and everything starts online. Google jobs at Coles and there is a website to apply on (which I used to get my job).

Greatmum

Yes I have been applying on line. Must of applied for about 20 woollies jobs just wondering if its the same people seeing my name over and over lol

Anyone got any tips on getting a job in Coles or woollies I haven't worked in retail before.

Greatmum

Any tips on how to get a job with woolworths.

~LemonMyrtle~

Any new stores opening up near you? Even not built yet? Any new shopping centre developments?

My sister got a job at a brand new bunnings and I got a job at a brand new woolworths when we were teenagers.

New stores are the best, they hire a huge number of people and a wide range of people for full time and part time jobs, old and young. But you have to get in early. They often advertise and do rounds of interviews months before the store opens. I did my training at other stores before my store opened up.

Other than that, apply online and say you are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, because that's a big thing they look for. If your availability is limited then you might struggle. Might be worth working some night shifts for a year if that's all that you can get, then asking for more reasonable hours once you have the experience.

MidgetHippo

Online applications will go to their recruiting department. If you go in person to each store and speak to the manager and hand in your resume they can go to recruiting and access your application also.

The best option is to apply online and in person

Check the job ad and make sure you use the same key words. They will have their system set to pick up keywords which will start the shortlisting process

(Previously worked recruiting for a Woolworths brand)

Edited by MidgetHippo

Greatmum

I just apply online there is no where to type anything in you just answer mutiple choice questions and attach your resume.

MidgetHippo

The program they use will scan your resume for the keywords :)

lucy-lu

Apply online and go into the store and ask to speak with the manager. I managed to get an interview with the mgr for a night fill role on the spot. Sell yourself to them!

Good luck, what type of role are yo applying for?

Sandra

The one my daughter works at take resumes at the store..that is how all the workers got picked over Christmas and how my daughter got her job at Woolworths.

And she said last night they were looking for more people and they were taking resumes.