Sign in to follow this  
smmaho

Pregnancy Books

smmaho

I was just wondering if anyone has any book recommendations related to pregnancy. My ob recommended the book New Pregnancy and Childbirth however it seems to be out of print and unable to find it anywhere.

The book seller who I was going to purchase that book from also recommended Pregnancy, Childbirth and th Newborn by Penny Simikin.

Would love to hear your thoughts :)

3babygirls

Up the duff!! It's so funny and so much better than any other book!

• Like 1

Jenflea

Up the Duff, but ignore her outdated advice about cloth nappies!

I bought her 'revised' edition 6 years ago and she said cloth nappies had to be soaked and folded, umm no.

MCN's are vastly different from the old terry squares!

Living_The_Dream

I always enjoyed what to expect when expecting, but honestly head to the local op shop there are always heaps of pregnancy books & usually not that old as people generally have babies & don't hang on to them. Most pregnancy books are expensive & most of the content in them & any questions are now on the Internet or in apps as well. I love reading them :) oh & kaz cooke's up the duff revised edition is usually at the op shop too for $2 as oppose to $30 so worth checking!

Edited by Living_The_Dream
  • Like 1

dreamfizz

One of my girlfriends gave me up the duff revised edition as a gift, she got it from op shop for $3. Worth checking out. It's nice that it's informative yet keeps it light hearted

smmaho

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will definetly be checking out the op shops. I did find one of the books I was after on iBook for 25 dollars less then a hard copy version so that's a plus :)

Sign in to follow this