Sign in to follow this  
pinkandgold

Please help! Need a doc!

pinkandgold

I have just gotten a case of UTI :( started a couple of hours ago but the pain seems to have gotten worse.

Wanting to see a dr asap .... anyone know of any on North side I could see tonight or tomorrow??? So painful!

Would the local community health centre help?

Sorry for the TMI but i am new to the state and have no idea :(

Edited by pinkandgold

Flutters

Try the Belconnen walk in centre

pinkandgold

Try the Belconnen walk in centre

Thank you, i saw that but just wasnt sure if they can help with UTI. Anyway i will give them a go, doesn't hurt to try. Thank you!

audreybear

The National Home Doctor Service do house calls after hours weekdays and weekends and it's all bulk billed.

Ghost Girl

Try the CALMS after hours service. They are open until 11pm but via appt only. Ph1300422567

tangerinequeen

Try the home doctor service. You should be able to get a doc at some point this weekend. Www.homedoctor.com.au

They also bulk bill. Have been great with my toddler. Can't give you drugs but can prescribe.

Also calms.net.au - after hours locums service at Calvary. They don't bulk bill.

I'm not aware of any 24 hour pharmacist in Canberra - the late night one in civic shuts at 11pm. Ural will give you some relief while you're working out your next move - good luck!

BadCat

Walk in Centre can't write prescriptions.

Better bet is the Ginninderra Medical Centre. You'll wait, but you'll see a doctor who can write a script rather than a nurse who can't. And there is a chemist on site.

Edited by BadCat

pinkandgold

The National Home Doctor Service do house calls after hours weekdays and weekends and it's all bulk billed.

Called just then and doc in my area is fully booked tonight :(

pinkandgold

Walk in Centre can't write prescriptions.

Better bet is the Ginninderra Medical Centre. You'll wait, but you'll see a doctor who can write a script rather than a nurse who can't. And there is a chemist on site.

Thanks just called and there's apparently 25 people waiting with 3 docs on tonight. I might just go and wait.

NeedSleepNow

I'd try CALMS if you want an appointment soon. It's not bulk billed, but can be preferable to waiting at a medical centre for a couple of hours

Hope you feel better soon

pinkandgold

Thank you so much everyone. I love the EB community!

I have taken the risk and gone to the medical centre. Not too bad i think with about 10 people ahead of me. I was expecting a lot worse.

SkeptiHandsOnMum

I hope that you are feeling better now.

For future reference the National Home Doctor Service has about a half hour window of opportunity to book in from when they open their bookings.