Bono25

Anyone tried ginger for morning/all day sickness?

Bono25

Feeling particularly crappy, and the dr suggested trying ginger drops/lollies to help with the morning sickness, but it seems stupidly difficult to find a normal hard ginger lolly. Anyone find any to be better than others? There aren't alot of health food stores around where I live, so have been looking online.

Thanks

Lunafreya

Woollies have ginger tea, I've found that helped a bit.

dreamfizz

I've been having choc coated ginger. Can't say I've noticed much difference. And I don't particularly like it either...

Nasty Bunsen

There's a natural travel sickness tablet that is all ginger - possibly blackmores? I found it helped a little to take the edge off but not fantastic.

Ginger nut biscuits worked better but probably as much from a constant eating perspective than the ginger.

My best tip is eating vegemite toast last thing at night - worked great in my first pregnancy, sadly second time round it reminded me too much of feeling nauseous the first time!

I'll add I had constant nausea but very little actual vomiting, I completely sympathise with those who have severe sickness and get told to eat ginger wanting to beat people round the head with s packet of gingernuts (use Arnotts, those suckers are like concrete)

Hope you are feeling better soon PPs

• Like 1

(feral)epg

Used ginger tea when pregnant with DD1. Didn't work and 3 years later I still associate the smell of ginger with feeling nauseous.

For me eating 1 or 2 dry biscuits (water crackers) before getting up helped a bit but nothing fixed it.

Bono25

Thanks everyone :)

Just kinda sucks coz I wasn't this sick so early on with DS1. Don't know how I'm going to get through this!! lol

Ellie bean

I'll add I had constant nausea but very little actual vomiting, I completely sympathise with those who have severe sickness and get told to eat ginger wanting to beat people round the head with s packet of gingernuts (use Arnotts, those suckers are like concrete)

Lol I was one of those and I've always hated ginger- I refer to gingernuts as "the devil's biscuit"...

OP I hope its only mild sickness, if you find ginger and the usual remedies aren't cutting it then there are medications you can safely take for severe nausea (hopefully you won't need to but its good to know just in case)

• Like 1

Bono25

Yeah, my doctor gave me a script for those wafers for severe morning sickness, but I don't think I'm that bad. I've cracked open the jatz this morning too!!

• Like 1

Announcements