~Mintie~

IVF with PGD #109

~Mintie~

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,

~Mintie~

Animal Lover

Hi ladies,

I'm quickly popping in to say they got 21 eggs at EPU today. But from previous cycles that number will drop off dramatically.

I'm very nervous about the next numbers - fertilisation, day 5ers and then how many come back normal from PGS (if any).

Pretty out of it from pain killers so I'll write more tomorrow. Xx

tac87

Well done AnimalLover. Hope your feeling ok. FX keep us posted how they are going. Rest up and take care.

Wonderstruck

Nice numbers animal. Hope you're plesantly surprised with how many stick around and feeling better post EPU.

MeerkatManor

Zeezz have a well deserved rest. Hope your next cycle will be the successful one.

Animal lover, very nice numbers. Hope you'll be posting great updates in the coming days.

Dolly that's fantastic news with your good blast!

AFM, starting stims next Friday. Kind of impatient to get it started.

tac87

Miss Dolly thats great i hope this all continues as positive news for you and your embie now. Well done.

Thanks Green Lady, i was getting a tad worried.

Just had my first ultrasound and bloods, im CD 10 (day8 of jabs) I have 15 follies over 10mm. Sound about right for where im at?? Really hoping they stay lovely for EPU which i think will be Wednesday.

Have a nice Friday everyone x

Green lady

Tac87 - that sounds pretty good for day 8 of stimms.

waiting4miraclebub

Great numbers animal. I hope you get lots of high quality blasts to test from that haul. How was the fertilisation?

Miss Dolly, congratulations I am thrilled for you. When are you next cycling?

Tac that sounds good. Sounds like a good number.

Zen, thinking of you

AFM, day 1 of cycle today. Nurse doesn't want to monitor as she thinks our results may be delayed due to backlog and won't b done within 6 weeks. I have to be patient but it is so frustrating.

tac87

Clinic just called. They are leaving meds as is.

Estrogen is 4680.

LH is 7.

Does that sounda good ??

ItsMeDee

Congrats Dolly, how thrilling! Do you know when you are going to transfer?

Haha McBubba... definitely crazy haired mad scientist madly mixing away at 10.30pm at night!!

Animal, wow 21 eggs is fantastic! I really hope they are little fighters!

I totally get where you are coming from Waiting, on the positive, I guess if the results come back quickly they can always do bloods to check where you are at?!

Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead of them? I'm off to a hens tomorrow and seeing as I'm still waiting for my period to arrive I will certainly be having a flute or two!!!

x

Wonderstruck

I don't know much about it but sounds good Tac.

Meerkat - I'm anxious to start at all parts lol. I'm terrible with waiting.

That's annoying Waiting - hopefully the results are quicker.

Afm - day 6 is stims, felt ok other than a bit off in the middle of the day. Not that bloated but feel a little heavy in my lower abdomen...rather worried now the bloating/pain has gone. Can't help but worry something isn't right?

Off for scans and bloods in the morning. Hoping for Tuesday EPU but who knows...

Happy friday all!

tac87

ItsMeDee that sounds good. Enjoy your night.

McBubba. I was the same, bloated one day or afternoon than fine. Niw since having ultrasound this morning im feeling really full and a bit sore, its like it has set it off. Sane as last cycle.

Good luck

Wonderstruck

Day 7 of jabs scans and bloods this monrning. Endometrium 7.5mm - apparently thats good.

I think I had 15 10mm follicles on leftie, 10 10mm follicles on the right. I think some of those were 11-12mm.

There was another 15 or so less than 10mm on the left and 10ish of the littlies on the right.

Not sure what that all means but I presume the 10mm ones are the ones likely to grow?

In holding pattern as I await further instructions

Edited by McBubba2016

1lexi1

Animal lover - what great numbers! I'm hoping you got a great fertilisation outcome yesterday!

McBubba - that sounds like great numbers too...although I think they would be 10mm, rather than 10cm ;)

They'll all keep growing and when there looks like enough that are big enough (without over maturing), you'll get your trigger instructions. Not all will be mature enough when EPU comes along but you should get great numbers. I've always ended up having two scans before triggering, so you might have another one on Monday, perhaps? Looks like an exciting week ahead for you!!

It's lovely and sunny here in Sydney today - hope everyone has a great weekend!! :)

Wonderstruck

Thanks Lexi - changed to mm. It is a lovely day in Sydney

Green lady

McBubba - it is looking like you will get a good number collected at EPU which is great as you always needs to allow for a drop off. The good thing is that at your age, those embryos that keep going are more likely to be chromosomally abnormal and then your hurdle is mainly the specific genetic test. 7.5 lining is good as that shows estrogen is being produced thickening the lining. One cycle I had 14mm on day before EPU which is probably too thick and the other two cycles have been around 8

tac87

Good job McBubba sounds like your going along brilliantly. Great start to your weekend.

Wonderstruck

Thanks guys. The support here is awesome.

Two more days of same meds and bloods and scan on Monday. Hoping for Wednesday EPU.

Does anyone have an idea of roughly the size they are meant to be to trigger?

Edited by McBubba2016
  • Like 1

tac87

Great question McBubba, I'm also wondering that??

What was your estrogen level McBubba?

Last cycle for me in Jan at CD8 is was 660

This cycle CD8 it's 4600 - huge difference.

I'm going in Monday too for scan and bloods, hoping for EPU Wednesday also.

Wonderstruck

They didn't mention the estrogen level - they don't seem to mention much detail just give me instructions on next steps. I never think of asking things as they always call when I'm out.

I am hoping that the monitoring only being two days away means they're expecting them to be ready soon :) I'm actually ok with EPU late next week as it will mean if I feel crap I'll have a short week at work to get through :)

Off to St Leonards before work on Monday for the scan/bloods...looks liek I'll be up rather early to fit it all in before work.

MeerkatManor

Mcbubba, that's a lot of follicles! And plenty in the front all the same size. I think you'll get great numbers at epu.

Tac it sounds like your estrogen is rising nicely. Good number of follicles too. Good luck!

Animal lover did you get a fertilization report today? Fingers crossed for you.

tac87

Thanks Meerkat - im trying to look more at my blood results as an indicator to how ill go at EPU. Last cycle my scans looked promising and i only ended up getting 4 eggs. So im happy the estrogen is alot higher at same stage as last time ☺ wait and see though!!

T x

Wonderstruck

I'm trying not to think about the follicles but DH got so excited, trying to explain it is not that simple.

I'm getting excited now, just hoping that I know a bit more after Monday...I know its all unknown and uncontrollable

Shiv7897

I think theyre meant to be about 18-20mm for trigger. Last time mine were about 18 when they said to trigger.

AFM - day 7 of cycle today. Scan tomorrow.

Forgot how tired gonal f makes me!

Smoo

that's great Miss Dolly, fingers crossed for a sticky

looks like there are some good numbers of follicles at the moment - good luck ladies